Epilogue

I stood at the edge of the room, watching the party. Thor and Steve were having an arm wrestle while Scott and Clint watched. Natasha, Bucky, and Sam were sitting around the coffee table playing Jenga. Pepper, Wanda, and Carol were talking and sipping their drinks. The rest of my friends were around the room, doing various activities.

It was New Year's Eve, and we were having a party at Tony's place. It was small, compared to his other ones, with just our friendship group in attendance.

Pietro walked up towards me and kissed me. We had been together for six months now.

"Hey, beautiful," he said.

"It's nearly midnight," I said.

"Tony's got something planned," he said.

I glanced over to Tony. He was sitting on the couch with Pepper.

"I can't wait," I said, slightly terrified.

Pietro just laughed and kissed me again.

Soon enough the time got to 11:50. Tony ran outside and told us to come out at 11:58. When we were allowed outside, we exited the house in a wave. Tony was nowhere to be seen, and it was really dark.

"Can we turn a light on or something?" Val asked, turning to go back to the house.

"No!" Tony yelled.

We all jumped, not knowing that he was there.

"We're going to do the count down out here," Tony said.

"In the dark?" Natasha asked sceptically.

"...Yes," he replied.

"We have one minute, you guys!" Scott called.

I looked at my group of friends. They were illuminated by the moonlight. I couldn't see much other than their outlines. I felt a hand grab mine. I looked over to see Scott.

"Shit, wrong person," he said.

I laughed as he let go of my hand and ran over to Hope, bumping into a few people along the way. I felt another person grab my hand, but this time it was Pietro.

"Let go of my hand!" I heard Clint yell.

I laughed, imagining Scott's horror at grabbing the wrong person's hand twice.

"Hope, where are you?" I heard him call out.

Everyone laughed.

"Countdown!" Tony yelled.

"Ten!"

I looked over to Pietro.

"Nine!"

I squeezed his hand.

"Eight!"

He squeezed my hand back.

"Seven!"

I was so lucky to have him as my boyfriend.

"Six!"

I was so lucky to have such a great group of friends.

"Five!"

Pietro took my other hand in his.

"Four!"

Everyone was getting excited now.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"I love you," Pietro whispered.

"ONE!"

We all cheered as fireworks set off. I kissed Pietro passionately, my hands around his neck and his on my waist. Other couples began kissing as well.

After the fireworks wore out and Bruce successfully put the fire on his shirt out, we grabbed blankets and began to stargaze. I lay down next to Pietro, cuddled into his side. His arm was wrapped lazily around me.

"Guys, we're officially seniors," Clint said.

"Does anyone have any idea what they want to do?" I asked.

"I want to go to that fancy art school," Steve said.

"I want to join the army," Bucky said.

Everyone went around, saying what they wanted to do.

"What about you, Thor?" Tony asked.

"Well, my father wants me to run the family company," Thor said. "But... I want to... I want to be a performer."

Everyone was silent for a second.

"And here I was, thinking that you would want to be a professional football player," Sam said.

There was a yelp as three or four people smacked him.

"What about you, y/n?" Natasha asked me.

"Well... I do like art. But I don't really know," I admitted.

"I don't know either, because being a professional archer isn't a thing," Clint said sadly.

"You could become an assassin," Nat suggested. "Hey, that' a good idea!"

"No, no, no! Nope! You would kill us all!" Tony said.

We all laughed and continued stargazing. I eventually fell asleep, curled up to Pietro.

That's the end! I hope you enjoyed! Thank you to everyone who read, commented and voted on this story! It means a lot!

~LadyLokiLaufeyson