Chapter Four

I stood in Wanda's room, applying my makeup. Tonight was the night of the party, and I was very excited. Natasha and Wanda had helped me pick out a light blue dress that hugged my curves. It had an open back and I wore a pair of white sneakers with it. Natasha wore a short black dress while Wanda wore a red one.

There was a knock at the bedroom door. Natasha opened it to reveal Pietro and Clint. Pietro's eyes found me and looked me up and down. I blushed and looked at Wanda, scratching the back of my neck.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Wanda asked.

Everyone nodded and we walked out to the car. Wanda, Natasha, and Clint got into the back while Pietro got into the driver's seat, leaving me to take the passenger's seat. I got in the car and smoothed down my dress, checking my phone. There was a text from my mum, telling me to enjoy the party and to stay safe.

The three in the back began talking and I looked out the window. I discreetly looked at Pietro in the reflection. He looked very nice in his dress shirt. He glanced at me a few times, opening his mouth like he wanted to say something, but closing it a few moments after.

When we arrived at the party, it was in full swing. Music was pounding through the walls of the house and people were dancing everywhere. Pietro walked off to grab some drinks for us. He grabbed a soda for us both. 

Soon enough, Vis came over and stole Wanda away. Pietro and I talked a little bit. He made a joke and I laughed so hard I snorted. I blushed, embarrassed about my snort.

"That was adorable," Pietro said, laughing.

I smiled and blushed again.

"I'm glad you find my snort adorable," I said, laughing as well.

I glanced around the room and saw Steve and Bucky making out on the stairs. I opened my mouth in shock, causing Pietro to follow my gaze. He let out a whoop.

"Stucky is real!" he yelled, causing a few people to look at him.

I saw all my friends glance frantically around the room until they spotted the couple. They all cheered, but Steve and Bucky were too busy shoving their tongues down each other's throats to notice.

I giggled at everyone's enthusiasm.

"I'll go and grab us another drink!" Pietro yelled over the music.

I nodded and put my thumbs up. He left me alone and I glanced around the room for someone I knew. I saw Brock walking up to me and I waved.

"Hey, Brock!" I yelled over the music.

"Hey, y/n! How are you liking the party?" he asked.

"It's great," I said, smiling.

Brock smiled and placed a hand on my waist. He leaned towards me.

"How about we take this somewhere more private?" he said into my ear.

I removed his hand from my waist.

"No, thank you," I said, feeling uncomfortable.

"Aw, come on! It'll be fun. I promise," he said winking.

"No, thanks," I said, stepping away from him.

I began walking away, feeling way too uncomfortable.

Suddenly, there were a pair of arms around my waist.

"Come on. Stop playing hard to get," he murmured in my ear.

"Let go of me!" I said loudly, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Is something going on here?"

I looked to see Pietro with two sodas in his hands.

Brock's grip on me loosened and I shrugged out of his hold. I stood behind Pietro and gripped his arm. The two boys glared at each other.

"Can we go?" I asked Pietro.

I didn't want him to miss out on the party, but I wasn't enjoying it here.

"Of course," he said, leading me away.

We left the party and got into Pietro's car. He quickly texted his sister and Vis, asking him to drive her home if he couldn't make it. He put his phone down and drove away from the party.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked.

"I don't know. A diner or something?" I suggested.

Pietro nodded. We made small talk as we drove to our destination. We eventually arrived and we exited the car. We were a bit overdressed for the diner, but we didn't mind. We entered the diner and ordered some food.

"Where do you want to sit?" he asked.

"How about over there?" I asked pointing to a booth.

Pietro nodded and we walked over to the booth. I slid into one side and, to my surprise, Pietro slid in next to me.

"Are you okay?" Pietro asked as we got our food.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to get away from the party... and Brock," I mumbled the last part, but Pietro still heard it.

"Yeah, Brock is a douche. I can beat him up for you if you like."

I giggled. Pietro said it jokingly, but I knew that the offer was sincere.

"Thank you, but no thank you. I don't want you to be suspended or sent to jail or anything," I said.

Pietro laughed again but went silent as he saw someone enter the diner. I looked over to see a pretty girl with long black hair and deep blue eyes. She glanced over to our booth. She saw Pietro and smirked at him before looking away.

I glanced to Pietro to see him staring angrily at the table.

"Do you know her?" I asked quietly.

Pietro nodded stiffly.

"She was my first girlfriend. First kiss, first date, first everything. She cheated on me," he said through a clenched jaw. "Her name is Terresa."

I watched the girl grab her pick up order and leave the diner.

"She looked like a-" I stopped myself before I said something offensive.

Pietro just chuckled.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" he asked.

I shook my head, slightly embarrassed.

"Have you ever kissed anyone?" he asked.

I said no and laughed awkwardly. Pietro was silent for a moment.

"Would... would you mind if your first kiss was with me?" he asked quietly.

I just stared at him in shock. He wanted to kiss me? I had developed a crush on him... and apparently, he had developed one on me too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I'd like that," I whispered.

Pietro smiled and leaned in. I met him halfway, connecting our lips. His lips moved on mine softly, causing fireworks to explode in my stomach.

When we finally pulled away, I blushed. What were you supposed to say after a kiss? Thank you? That was nice?

"Be my girlfriend?" Pietro asked, looking into my eyes.

I suppose you could say that.

"I'd love to," I said.

He smirked and leaned in to kiss me again.

I was so glad we left the party.