Chapter Three

I tapped my pen on the table, concentrating. I was in history, which I had with Pietro, Wanda and Vis, and this question was confusing me. I read over the question again. I realised I had been reading it wrong and read it again, this time correctly. I answered it and moved onto the next.

"Okay, class," Mr. Coulson said, trying to gain our attention.

I looked up.

"We're going to be starting a project next week. I'm going to give you information now, and pair you up later. You'll see who you're working with next Tuesday."

I glanced at Pietro. I hoped I was paired with him. He was the person I knew best, and I really wanted to spend more time with him.

He was cute, athletic, funny, kind and really good at making me blush. Plus, his accent just hit different. I was developing a crush on him. I had only known him for a day, but it was more of a crush-at-first-sight kind of thing.

Mr. Coulson began explaining something that I already knew, so I began doodling in my notebook. I glanced at Pietro again, seeing him watching the teacher with his head propped up on his fist.

I began drawing again, occasionally looking at Pietro. His stance stayed the same, making it easier for me to sketch. I looked up again and saw that he had moved. I sighed and looked at what I had sketched. 

Pietro, looking towards the front. To be honest, it was some of my best work.

"Woah," Pietro breathed.

I looked at him to find him staring at my sketch. I blushed.

"Sorry, I got bored and I just drew the first thing I saw," I said.

"It's okay. You're a really good artist," he said.

I blushed again at his compliment.

"Thank you," I mumbled shyly.

The bell rang, saving me from any further embarrassment. We walked to the cafeteria and sat at our table.

"So, I'm having a party on Friday," Tony said.

He sat next to his new girlfriend, Pepper. Pepper was very sweet and intelligent.

"You're all invited. Especially you, y/n," he said. "We all want to get to know you better, and a party with no adults is the perfect way to do that."

I laughed.

"It sure is," I agreed.

Everyone began making conversation again. Clint began talking to me about burgers and sandwiches.

"Is a burger a sandwich?" he asked me.

"Uh... a burger is a burger," I said slowly.

"Yeah, but could it be classified as a sandwich?" he asked.

"Well, I suppose so," I mused, thinking about it.

"Oh no, Clint's got her into the philosophical BS," Bruce said, shaking his head.

"It's not BS!" Clint exclaimed, feigning offence.

We all laughed and continued talking.

The bell rang for next period, and Pietro and I got up to go and grab our books. We walked down the hall to our lockers. His locker was about 10 lockers down from mine.

I felt a tap my shoulder and I turned around. I saw a boy with dark hair and brown eyes. I recognised him as Brock Rumlow. He was in a few of my classes.

"Hi," I said, smiling.

"Hey," he said. "Are you going to Tony's party on Friday?"

"Yeah, I am," I replied. "Are you?"

Brock nodded. Before either of us could say anything else, Pietro butt in.

"Hey Brock," he said.

Brock just nodded at Pietro.

"I'll see you Friday," Brock said to me.

He walked off with his hands in his pocket. I turned to see Pietro glaring at Brock. Was he... jealous?

No, he couldn't be.

"Are you going to the party with Brock?" Pietro asked me as we walked to English.

"No," I said, shrugging. "I'm not going with anyone."

Pietro nodded and bit his lip. He got his phone out and texted someone quickly and then put it away. We got to the classroom and sat down. Natasha joined us and Mr Lee began talking. I was only half listening. I kept thinking over the scene in the hallway.

Pietro couldn't be jealous, could he? I mean, he had interrupted our conversation, and glared at Brock afterwards, but maybe it was for a different reason. Maybe Pietro just didn't like Brock.

The rest of the school day was boring. Nothing really exciting happened. I was saying goodbye to everyone when Wanda came up to me.

"Hey, y/n, Nat and I are getting ready together before the party, do you want to join?" she asked.

I smiled.

"I would love to," I said.

"Great! We're doing it at my place, so I'll text you the details."

Wanda and I exchanged numbers. She sent me a text with a smiley face to make sure we had the right numbers. She gave me a hug and said goodbye, jogging over to her brother. I smiled to myself. I was actually making friends. I walked home, excited for the party. I entered my house and went straight to my room and opened my closet. I searched through the racks for an outfit for the party. I found a few dresses and decided I would choose later on.

My phone vibrated and I checked my phone. I had a text from Wanda.

Hey, y/n! You can come to mine after school on Friday and Pietro can drive us all to Tony's! Can't wait xx

I smiled and typed out my reply.

I'll have to double check with my mum, but I'm sure it should be fine xx

I got another text from Wanda.

Awesome! Do you have Instagram?

I smiled and sent her my account, gaining a follow request a minute later. I accepted and followed her back. I scrolled through her photos. She had lots of photos of landscapes and food, and a few photos of her friends and sibling. I got another notification and saw that Pietro had requested my Instagram. A smile lit up my face as I accepted and followed him. I got an Instagram message from him a minute later.

I can't believe you gave my sister your number and not me :(

I giggled.

You didn't ask. She did :)

We then started talking about anything and everything. He did ask for my number and I happily gave it to him.