Chapter Ten

The sound of the crowd in the shopping centre was loud, but it was easily blocked out. I listened to Natasha talk about a new crime tv show that she was watching. It sounded really interesting. Wanda and Pepper were looking at jewellery and sighing over how pretty and shiny the gems were.

"Anyway, enough about the show. How are you and Pietro doing?" Natasha asked.

"We're doing great," I replied. "He's so sweet. And he cares about me. A lot."

Natasha smiled.

"I'm happy for you both," she said.

"What about you?" I asked. "Do you have anyone you're interested in?"

Natasha just sighed.

"Well, I was into Steve, but he's gay. I mean, Bucky and Steve are my number one ship, so I don't really mind anymore. I'm happy by myself," she said.

I could tell it was the truth. Besides, she didn't need a boyfriend.

Natasha and I got bored of watching the other two sigh over jewels so we herded them out of the store and to a clothing store.

I ran my fingers over some of the fabrics, not really interested in anything. I waited for the other girls to finish browsing before we went to the food court. As soon as I smelled the food my stomach grumbled. A moment after, Wanda's stomach rumbled as well.

"What should we get?" Wanda asked.

"I'm craving fast food," Natasha said.

We all agreed that fast food was the way to go. I looked around the food court and noticed that a new food place had opened up.

"Have any of you guys had... Shawarma before?" I asked, squinting to see the writing.

"No, what's that?" Pepper asked.

I looked it up on my phone.

"Apparently it's kind of like Greek souvlaki," I replied.

"Let's try that," Natasha said.

We all ordered some and sat down to try it. I took a bite. It was the best thing I had ever tasted.

"Oh my god, the group needs to try this," Natasha said.

She pulled out her phone and took a photo of us all eating. I got a notification from our group chat a moment later. Natasha had sent the photo to the chat, telling everyone that they had to try it.

"I bet that Carol and Val will come today," Wanda said, taking another bite.

"Thor and Sam won't let this opportunity pass, so they'll come too, and Sam will probably bring Steve and Bucky," Natasha said. "And of course, Clint would never pass up the opportunity for good food."

"I bet Pietro and Tony would love this," Pepper said.

I got a text from Pietro. I opened up our message thread.

Are you seriously trying something yummy without me?

There were a whole bunch of angry and sad emojis after the message. I giggled aloud and showed the girls.

"Just invite him out already. We can get the gang to come," Natasha said shrugging.

I texted Pietro.

Why don't you come and try some then?

Maybe I will

I showed the girls the messages.

"He's coming, alright," Wanda said. "He just needed an excuse to come. Your invitation provided one."

After about fifteen minutes, we found that Wanda was correct. Natasha saw Clint walking through the food court with Steve, Bucky, and Sam. I was so focused on them that I didn't notice someone was behind me until they plucked my shawarma out of my hands.

"Hey!" I squawked, turning around to see Pietro holding my food.

My jaw dropped when he stuffed the last of it in his mouth.

"Don't worry, I got you another one!" Pietro said quickly, pulling one from behind his back.

"You're lucky you're cute," I said, before munching on my new shawarma.

Pietro sat next to me while the other boys sat around the table. We continued eating shawarma and more of our friends arrived. Thor brought his younger brother, Loki, who I had never met before. He just sat down and read his book, occasionally taking a bite out of his shawarma.

Everyone was talking and having a great time.

"Who found this gem?" Clint asked, holding up the rest of his food.

"That would be y/n," Natasha said.

Everyone began congratulating and thanking me. I giggled, especially when Scott told me he would have died if I had never found this place.

What made me laugh harder, though, was when Scott made his statement, Hope sighed, looked to the ceiling, and muttered, "God dammit, y/n."