SMILE

I was at a family gathering but quiet….
I saw everyone entering with a smile….
I greeted each of them with a normal yet beautiful smile…
But, my mind was stuck somewhere else…
Still, I managed to smile…

I was in my study completing some important work….
Working since morning my head was now blasting with pain….
Suddenly mom entered with a cup of piping hot tea…
I smiled at her in relief and took the first sip…
She saw my kiddish act and smiled….
I was extremely tired but still I managed to smile…..

I was walking down the street to pick up some groceries….
Numerous people looked at me on the way and smiled….
I was there physically but my mind was wandering somewhere in another world…
Still, I managed to smile….

I was told to look for something…. I was doing it in an organised way to not mess up the room. But, in a misunderstanding I was to be yelled at…. But, still I managed to pass a quiet and calm smile….

It was morning… I woke up with an early morning fresh yet sleepy face…. I opened the curtains and the sun rays fell on my face…. Though, it was difficult to smile looking at the rays but I did it by closing my eyes…. I yet again managed to smile….

SMILE---- You do it in almost every situation… You smile just after crying amidst moist eyes… You do it in someone's memory… You do it in happiness… You do it to be calm… You do it to hide your hurt beneath… You do it to make someone feel good… You do it when you do not have an idea on how to react… At last, this smile is your saviour…