Chapter Forty Seven

Start from the beginning

I'm going to kill Paisley.

Speaking of the devil she came down with her purse and winked at me before leaving.

Hunter walks up to me.

"Paisley made me wear this." I look at him in the eyes.

"You look amazing." he whispered, my heart accelerated I breathe in to keep calm.

"Thank you." those were the words that left my lips.

"Is everything ready? " Hunter asked Thiago who only nodded, Hunter was dressed with his dress shirt tucked in with his black pants.

He put on his jacket and I think I have Jacket phobia either way Hunter looks handsome with or without the jacket.

"Thiago, you're in charge if anything about Colt or Caine comes up take care of it." he held on to my hand, we both walked to one of his car, he drove while I mentally checked myself,  didn't want to make a fool of myself on my date with Hunter.

We stopped in front of a restaurant, it looked expensive I got down clearly nervous clicking on both my heels.
Hunter led me to the VIP section he had reserved, a few of the employees had their eyes on me, I just ignored them this was my date not their problem.

I sat down rubbing both my arms nervously the waitress attended to us both she tried hitting on Hunter but he just ignores her.

"Where is everybody? " I asked it was only us and a few of the employees.

"I bought the restaurant and reserved us a private table." I wanted to open my mouth wide but I couldn't be surprised he's a billionaire after all.

"I'm sorry about the death of your mom, she was really cool, I remember when I first met her she pulled a gun to my head, I wish I could have been like her when I met my uncle." I said under my breath but Hunter could still hear me.

"I remember when I was 12 she pulled a gun to my head when I came home late to a mission, she shot a bullet to my leg." I looked back at him in shock.

"Seriously? " I asked he nodded clarifying his answer.

"That's even better, one time she forged my kidnapping and let me be kidnapped for three months after she told them to let me go she made walk back from New York to Nashville it took me two weeks." he said and I couldn't help but giggle.

"My mom wasn't hard on me but my sister once she reached the age to get a gun she threatened to shoot me dead if I didn't do her chores." I said while smiled.

"Your sister was nice, she told me everything about you back in New York." he smirked at me, I froze cause I don't know what she actually told him.

"Really?? " I grinned awkwardly

The waitress got our appetizers which was a salad dressed in cranberry juice I guess.

I started eating quietly.

"Were you and Derek ever close? " I asked he didn't seem mad but I knew I overstepped my boundaries.

"We enjoyed being brothers, he's mom's favorite she was always trying to protect him and kept putting me in his shoes and taking his responsibility." he muttered I didn't get a single thing but I just nodded.

"We were close, we just grew up and moved on." he muttered again while we were done with the appetizer

They finally brought our main course while we quietly ate, a group of press started flashing their cameras at the window.
I looked over at the window they couldn't see my face so it was hard for them to take pictures.