If You Were My Love

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Lindsey was practically begging for forgiveness He didn't know exactly what was happening, but he never wanted to make her get that upset. 

"I need you to listen to me, and listen to me carefully." Stevie said sternly, tears having been replaced with a serious tone of anger. "The last time that I touched cocaine seven months ago,  the day that I found out I was pregnant. Those first few weeks when I was sick wasn't  just morning sickness, it was withdrawals. I can't believe you think I'd be that dumb, or that selfish to put my children in harm's way. After I told you, I called Christine, told her where all of my hiding spots were and told her to tear the place up looking for any remnants of drugs and to get them out of my house. The last time I wore those boots was on the Tusk tour, and ever since then, they've just been sitting in my closet. I guess Chris missed this one, but I promise you, Lindsey, I've been clean and sober since I found out about the babies. They saved my life." 

Tears began forming in both Stevie and Lindsey's eyes and Lindsey quickly embraced her into his arms. 

"Steph, why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you..taken care of you better." Lindsey squeaked. 

"I didn't want to worry you any more and I just thought I needed to do that by myself." She looked at his perfect blue eyes, soaked with tears now. 

"I love you, Sweet Girl, thank you for getting healthy for us. All of us." Lindsey reached down and kissed her belly, in two spots, one for each baby.

"Now for the love of God, can you please get rid of that shit? I can't have that in the house, really Linds, I need you to flush it for me." Lindsey quickly left the room, and as soon as Stevie heard the toilet flush, she immediately felt better. She quickly joined him downstairs where the couple left to go get the food that she was still craving.