Chapter Thirteen: Indecisive

                         "What's wrong? You haven't said anything ever since we walked in," Hunter replied.

                         "Just tired, that's all," I lied.

                         "Sorry I kept you up," Hunter said jokingly.

                          I smacked the back of his head and walked onto my locker. As I did, I saw Samantha up ahead. I honestly didn't feel jealous anymore. I felt more sad than anything.

                       "Awww, I ship you both so hard," Samantha said with a smile.

                       "What are you doing here?" Hunter asked.

                         I didn't know what it was but something about his tone was off. Almost suspicious. I shrugged it off and took my history book out.

                        "Just wanted to say hello to the new couple. Anything wrong about that?" Samantha asked.

                        "No. I guess not," Hunter said.

                          Samantha gave me a small wave before walking off.

                         "What's your problem?" I asked.

                         "I don't have a problem. Not at all," Hunter answered.

                         "Sure. I'm leaving now," I said.

                         "You don't want me to walk with you?" Hunter asked.

                         "I got it," I answered before walking off.

                          As I was walking down the hallway, I made a sharp turn left and bumped into someone. I dropped my book and a hand passed it to me. Looking up, I saw Logan. I quickly got up.

                         "Sorry," I said quickly before leaving.

                           I fast walked at this point to class.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

                           It was a free period so I was currently reading the City of Bones (for the tenth millionth time) while listening to depressing Lorde music. I didn't hear or see footsteps coming towards me.

                          I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Logan with a bunch of papers.

                         "Seat taken?" Logan asked.

                         "No," I answered.

                          He took it and it felt almost awkward. After all, your ex (the person you're still in love with) is sitting next to you. Yeah. Not the best feeling in the world.

                         I wanted to talk and giggle and play footsies with him. Have fun like we used to. But to do it now would be re-opening wounds that didn't need to be opened.

                         My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from Hunter.

Hunty: Where r u?

Me: Free period

Hunty: Can u leave?

                       I took a quick look at Logan before looking back at my phone. I couldn't be this close to him. Not without losing it.

Me: Yeah. And go where?

Hunty: Back of the library. ;-)

Me: Why'd I have a feeling?

                      I put my phone back in my pocket and got up. I walked off and into the library where Hunter was waiting.

                     "You naughty jackass. Do you know how much trouble we'd get in for this?" I whisper shouted.

                     "Wouldn't it be worth it though?" Hunter asked.

                      He pushed me against the wall and kissed me. Because this was a library and I had to stay silent, I only gasped slightly as Hunter kissed my neck.

                     It felt great. Amazing, even. But it was all the same. Talk for a couple minutes and then let the physical activity begin. With Logan, it was more. And I wanted that more.