Pain Attack

The morning has risen, and Tsunade is awakened by the birds chirping and sunshine flashing in her face through the window. "Ugh, my head hurts," she moaned. She promptly jumps out of bed and gets ready for the day after realizing it is almost noon and that she is late for work. While preparing, she recalls all of a sudden what happened the night before. "Oh, fuck," she said while recalling the kiss. She examined her body to see if anything was off, but was unable to see any marks if she and Jiraiya did the deed. She also remembered the time she asked him out, which caused her to become flustered.

She entered her office with Shizune and Sakura waiting for her, "Tsunade-sama! you are late!" yelling at her, "you slept off again, huh?" Tsunade laughs and barely apologizing to her mad subordinate, like this is a rare occurence. "Yes, yes. I'm sorry," scratching her head, "you were the one who agreed on this!" recalling her giving permission to go out last night. Shizune sighs on her, "yeah, but-" cutting her off to not prolong this conversation anymore, her head is already pounding hard last thing she need was lecturing, "Give me all the documents arrived this morning!", Shizune gave up since she knows she just want to get out of the conversation, Sakura handing it out to her. Reading all the documents, she noticed that something was off about the third page, ordering Shizune to tighten the security on the village and having Sakura deliver a message to the Hospital. After leaving the office, 3 knocks on the door followed, "come in," "yow" Jiraiya appears before her sight. "How's your morning?" making sure nobody was around the office, locking the door "idiot! what did you do to me last night?" growling at him, "uhm, I carried you home?" looking upward gathering all he knows, not making her satisfied with his answer, "and?" getting her fist popped, "I put you into bed, you even told me not to go," dropping her arms, if unaliving her self was that easy, she would've done it right there and then. "fuck man, so did we do it?" whispering as she don't have any face to show anymore, "the what?" "don't play dumb! I know you let me drink on purpose" wishing it didn't, cause if it did, she would want to remember it. "Relax, we didn't." assuring her, "I'm not going to take advantage while you are drunk," though he look goofy, it somewhat convinced her, sighing in relief. He approached her and whispered in her ear, "I'll only do it if you give me permission." Her heart is racing quickly. She grew flustered, shooting her with a look "now, don't get ideas, pervy head." Jiraiya laughed at her embarrassed expression, he would never get enough of it. "So, wanna head out and grab a ramen?" considering his invitation since she haven't had her breakfast yet and a hot soup would help with her throbbing headache. "Let's go though we should be quick with it or Shizune would bug me again"

They are happily leaving the office. "I guess this is our first date together, huh?" he asked, grinning from ear to ear, "hmp, yeah" believing that from this moment forward he is her boyfriend. They heard an explosion while they were still inside the building and became alerted that the enemy is attacking the village. They returned and checked it from the office. When they spotted at least three men with orange hair wearing akatsuki robes, they were both alarmed and furious. "It's Pain!" he exclaimed, "he shows up here at last, huh?" Shizune came busting the door, "Tsunade-sama! report from the body that Jiraiya-sama brought was revived, the black rods moved meaning They are here!" "tsk!" she bit her thumb at the chaos in front of them. Tsunade gave rightfull orders to all shinobis present at the moment. Just as Jiraiya was ready to head out, she stopped him "Wait! You're still not permitted to engage in combat!" as he just gained his consciousness not long ago. "I need to buy time 'till Naruto gets here!" the little frog he summoned earlier poofed to call him back. "Ugh, fine! I'll give you permission, but please don't get too worked out. Call me instead, and I'll come right away. Understood?" the man answered, "Yes!" and left the office, the Anbus arrived at the office to defend the hokage and headed out to rooftop to do manual healing to every shinobi fighting.

 Understood?" the man answered, "Yes!" and left the office, the Anbus arrived at the office to defend the hokage and headed out to rooftop to do manual healing to every shinobi fighting

At a distance, Jiraiya is engaged in fighting. The same events that occurred in the first Naruto Shippuden Pain arc also occurred here. It is now Pain's turn to use Shinra Tensei or the allmighty push. Tsunade utilized every last bit of chakra she had left in order to protect everyone. She saw the entire village demolished after the attack. Then Naruto made his appearance. Despite no longer possessing chakra, Tsunade attempted to fight Pain. When Tsuna was being attacked, Jiraiya had just flew in quickly to carry her out in the enemy's attack range as Naruto punched the variant of Pain. "No need to bother yourself to the likes of him, Granny," She was astonished at how strong he has become in short span of time. Upon seeing Naruto, Jiraiya smiled and said, "He really is the child of prophecy I've been looking for." In Jiraiya's arms, Tsunade runs out of chakra and is about to pass out.

"It's going to be okay now, right?" she smiles at him, believing Naruto would defeat him

"It's going to be okay now, right?" she smiles at him, believing Naruto would defeat him. "Yeah, thank you, Tsunade" she collapses. Jiraiya carried her away from the battlefield. They were atop the battlefield, as they were witnessing it. Tsunade is being handled delicately by him. She became her old state, while Jiraiya does not bother. "She worked hard to keep all the villagers and shinobi safe; take a break now and I'll protect you." tightening his hold to her as he watches his student which he is so proud of gains the upper hand in the battle.

Naruto defeated Pain. He was acknowledged as a hero by everyone. Jiraiya approached him while he let Gamakichi carry Tsunade. "Naruto, good job!" ignoring everyone around him but his master who was offering him half of the popsicle, he and him had always enjoyed after an exhausting training. "Pervy-sage!" he gets the half of it as he ruffles his hair, "I'm so proud of you!" Naruto grins as he hugged him, "uh, I think Konan wanted to talk to you," "Oh? where is she?" Konan already left the Village with Nagato's body, as much as she wanted to apologize to his former teacher, she cannot face him and the village they brought misery, instead she sent a letter with her jutsu expressing her apologies and she will try to make the rain village peaceful just like their dreams when they were kids. When Jiraiya read it, he felt proud that all his efforts weren't in vain and that he really made impact on them and Naruto's generation.

Shizune and Sakura escorted Jiraiya who was carrying Tsunade to her hut as the whole village help each other rebuild their home, praying to their Gods that she should wake up from her comatose as soon as possible. "So, how long do you think she should recover?" asking Shizune for he knows, she had been with her when she first used it. Her long face showed what he needs to know, "I don't know, this time is worse than her previous release," Sakura holds her beloved teacher's hand as she heard Shizune's respond. He said, "Don't worry, She will wake up" putting up a strong front for them as it should lift the saddening air inside the hut. They both smiled, "right," "She should, after all we haven't had our first date yet" murmuring while he leave the hut, made shizune and sakura look at each other in confusion leaving them goblesmacked.

Tsunade has been in a coma for one week. She finally opened her eyes when she felt shizune has been wiping her arm with a warm cloth, "shi-zune," the woman widened her eyes and yelled out, "TSUNADE SAMA!" shizune exclaimed. "Shizune, you're hurting me," she clutches her tightly as she was scared whether she would wake up or not. Later that day, as she gorged on the food they were serving her, she was quickly regaining her chakra. She was informed by Shizune of what had occurred after she passed out. When she asked where Jiraiya was, Shizune responded, "Jiraiya is in Summit as he is the Hokage's replacement."

At the village, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Yamato arrived. He encountered Sakura. "JIRAIYA SAMA!, KAKASHI SENSEI!, YAMATO TAICHO!" all caught their attention, "Sakura, what's wrong?" Kakashi responded, "Tsunade-sama has awakened from her coma" making the three ninja cheer and sigh a relief. As soon as Jiraiya learned the good news, he hurries to Tsuna.

Jiraiya says, "TSUNADE!"