𝟐𝟎| 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

Începe de la început

"Wakatoshi-kun! I'm starving. Can't we just get some food across the street?!" a male's voice sounded from a nearby hallway.

The voice sounded familiar to Rin, and out of curiosity, she walked towards the hallway. Her high ponytail swayed left to right as she walked before abruptly stopping at the sight of two six feet tall men, one with spiky, red hair, and the other a stoic expression.

"The game is going to start in under ten minutes. There's no time, Tendou," Ushijima, the stoic guy, spoke as he fixed his jersey.

Rin's eyes landed on his thick and muscular biceps that flexed as he moved his arms. They were definitely bigger than Iwaizumi's, but Rin didn't want to compare the two.

"But I don't have spare change for the vending machine. I need something in my stomach, right now!" the perky redhead, Tendou, shouted with furrowed brows.

Rin looked down at her barely touched chip bag and began to walk over to the two Shiratorizawa players. Her hand held out the chip bag she purchased, and a small smile was on her face. The two boys looked down at Rin with confusion before Tendou's face shifted to an exaggerated excitement.

"You can have my chips. I–I'm not that hungry," Rin said, watching as Tendou snatched them and opened it up. "Thank you, Noguchi-chan!" Tendou muffled with chips in his mouth.

Rin chuckled nervously before looking up to meet Ushijima's stoic expression. The two were mutual friends ever since they met back in middle school shortly after Shiratorizawa had beaten Kitagawa. They didn't talk much, but they were still friends.

"What am I missing here? You two are just staring at one another like there's no one here, but I am standing right here!" Tendou shouted, furrowing his brows once again. "Ushijima-kun and I know each other from middle school, but we didn't talk much back then," Rin replied with a nod.

"You've gotten prettier, Noguchi-chan," Ushijima muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. "T–Thank you... you don't look too bad yourself," Rin replied, flushing with nervousness.

"Which high school did you end up choosing?" Ushijima asked curiously. "Oh, Aoba Johsai," Rin mumbled.

"Ooh, I think that's where this one guy Ushijima has connections with goes to, and he always has the girls around him. I wonder how he does it," Tendou added in. "That's Oikawa-kun for you. He's naturally a flirtatious guy, so girls always like to be around him," Rin clarified.

"Tch, you should have come to Shiratorizawa."

Rin tilted her head to the side and blinked twice before looking down at her phone's clock.

"Um, I should really get go–"

"I found her, Iwa-chan!"

Everyone went silent as Rin, Ushijima, and Tendou all turned to look at the end of the hallway where Oikawa and Iwaizumi entered. The two Aoba Johsai players, adorned in their usual white and turquoise jerseys, stared at the two towers standing in front of Rin. The only sound coming from the hallway was the loud munching on chips rising from Tendou's snacking session.

Rin scratched the back of her head as she looked between the Aoba Johsai players and Ushijima. She could feel the thick tension in the air that could not be severed. This was the first time the two boys would be going against Shiratorizawa after their tragic loss in middle school.

"Well, it's been a long time, Oikawa and Iwaizumi," Ushijima began. "Long time so see, Ushiwaka," Oikawa sneered whilst crossing his arms.

"Oh would you look at the time? It's almost noon, so we should all head to the court before we miss the match!" Rin shouted, walking over to the Aoba Johsai captain and ace. "We'll have fun beating you losers to shreds. Also, thanks for the chips, Noguchi-chan!" Tendou threatened then shouted happily.

With that, Rin exited the hallway with Oikawa and Iwaizumi following behind her.

"Why were you talking to Ushiwaka? You know how much I hate that guy, Rin-chan!" Oikawa started. "Well, we are friends, or at least I thought we were. I guess the different schools and time made us fall apart, but I'm not upset about it. I want to watch you two pummel him today," Rin said, furrowing her brows.

"Of course we will! I'm ready to watch that expression on his face change into a different one for once!" Oikawa cheered as he ran down the hallway, leaving Rin with Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi walked up to Rin, watching her take deep breaths. As soon as Rin felt relieved, she looked up at Iwaizumi with a smile.

"What was all that about? It looks like you hate the guy after that," Iwaizumi mentioned. "He told me I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. Of course I'm going to hate him. I would have chosen Aoba Johsai over any of these other schools because that means I'd get to be closer to you and Oikawa-kun," Rin explained, sighing heavily.

Rin hooked her arms with Iwaizumi's arm and began to pull him down the hallway. She wanted to forget the situation she brought upon herself and only focus on the upcoming match.

"Hey."

Rin looked up to meet Iwaizumi's side profile as he stared ahead to make sure the two didn't bump into any walls that just so happen to appear.

"You look pretty, today."

Compared to when Ushijima said it, Rin smiled at Iwaizumi's comment and rested her head against his arm, feeling a light blush come to her cheeks. She liked the compliment coming out of Iwaizumi's mouth over Ushijima's for sure, and there was no denying that. It sounded better with his deep, but gentle voice.

"But you'll get cold if you walk around the gymnasium wearing short sleeves. I don't think there's enough time for me to get it, but you can go to our locker room. Find my bag and inside, there's a pinkish colored zipup jacket. I want you to wear it," Iwaizumi explained as the two stopped in front of the doors to the court.

Rin unhooked her arms from Iwaizumi's arm and looked up at him. She felt more heat rise in her cheeks as a similar feeling of soft, warm lips pressed against her cheek. A small smile was printed on Iwaizumi's face as he pulled away from Rin and walked towards the doors to the court. Iwaizumi waved at Rin before disappearing through the doors.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────