𝟐𝟎| 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

SILENCE.

Both sides of the line stayed silent after Iwaizumi confessed his feelings for Rin. Surely, Rin knew how Iwaizumi felt about her through the small gestures and acts of kindness he showed her. But hearing him say it into her ear like this was a whole other feeling, and it felt nice.

"H–Hajime-kun... I like you, too."

An evident blush appeared on her cheeks, and she was thankful that Iwaizumi was on the phone with her rather than in front of her, face-to-face. Rin brought a smile on her face after confessing her feelings for Iwaizumi as well.

"U–Um... it's getting late, and we have that game against Shiratorizawa tomorrow."

"Right, Oikawa-kun hates that school so much."

"Yeah, everybody on our team does. But they're not called a powerhouse school for no reason. Anyway, are you going to watch the game tomorrow?"

"Of course. I wouldn't want to miss the chance to see Oikawa-kun become a literal child and start teasing the hell out of Ushijima-kun."

Rin listened to his natural chuckle sound in her ear which made her smile brighter.

"Yeah, yeah. Shittykawa's got his hands full tomorrow. I'll see you later, Rin."

"Get a good night's rest."

"I will. You get the same, too."

With that, the two teenagers hung up their phones and lied back in bed, staring at the ceiling above their heads. The both of them were content with their phone call and their shared feelings for one another, and it seemed to work out perfectly fine for them.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Upon arriving at the Sendai City Gymnasium, Rin walked up to a nearby vending machine because it's been a while since she's had breakfast, and her stomach was beginning to argue with her mind, fighting for the dominance it deserves. Today was a more casual, warmer day in Miyagi, so Rin was wearing a simple outfit consisting of a white t-shirt tucked into a pair of beige pink high waisted jeans, paired with white Converse sneakers.

As Rin watched a chip bag fall from the circular metal rings of its jail cell, her mind went back to the phone call with Iwaizumi. She hasn't seen or heard from him so far, but she was excited to hold him in her arms, more excited today than ever. It didn't bother her that she hasn't seen or heard from him because she knew how hopeful the boys were to win against Shiratorizawa today.

Once the chip bag fell into the bottom of the vending machine, Rin pulled it out of its confinement and walked away from the machine.