❂ 014. escape malevolence

Start from the beginning

"Okay, time to go!" Anakin announced to them all, as he flicked the power back on, and they shot off. Bracing herself, she unconsciously used the Force to keep her in place.

Swerving and sliding, Anakin flew them expertly through the large debris field as large pieces threatened to destroy them as they sped up. Cringing at the sight of the many deadly debris that so desperately wanted to crash into them, Eisha began to move the slightly more deadly pieces away from their fleeing form with her hand hidden from view as she did so.

Quietly clearing the way, Ahsoka gasped, "Master! We have a clear shot for hyperspace! We have to go, now!"

The scanner beeped, and Eisha's eyes widened, "Ani, hurry up!"

"Okay, okay! We're jumping!" He shouted before the ship entered hyperspace.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

LOCATING THE BOYS, she smiled in relief, "We're safe, guys."

Letting out their own relieved smiles and laughs, Sinker and Boost walked over to the Padawan to pull her into a shared side hug. Ruffling her curls, Boost gave her a brotherly smile, "Nice job, kid." Distracted as she beamed up at the clone, she missed the look Sinker said to the Commander as he brooded on the side. The clone sergeant wanted the two Commanders to talk — though, he underestimated how stubborn Wolffe could be.

Ducking his head away, the Padawan was oblivious to the exchange between the clone Commander and sergeant. Glancing over at Sinker, she soon followed his line of sight, however, and landed directly on the man.

Who, apparently had made good friends with her loth-cat.

She raised a brow at her cat who rested peacefully in the Commander's lap, purring contently as he slept. Brows furrowed, she wondered if he really was as stern as he liked to believe himself to be. Animals were a good judge of character, and if her cat didn't like someone — the feline made it well known.

"So, where are we going now, Commander?"

"We're—" Eisha and Wolffe both began, although neither remembered having an echo.

Snapping their heads to each other, the two Commanders furrowed their brows at each other — confusion evident as they wondered how they'd deal with holding the same rank. Eisha gnawed on her bottom lip in thought, and she backed up slightly as she raised her hands, "Sorry, I think that was directed at you."

Eisha wasn't on to back down easily, but she understood that Wolffe was far more deserving of the title than she was. After all, he was made to be a Commander, whereas she had just stumbled into the role.

"Actually," Sinker glanced between the two. "I was talking to the kid."

"Oh, well." Awkwardly glancing between Sinker and the Commander's ever-growing glare, she forced a chuckle, "We're heading back to the Defender, I believe."

"You believe, or you know?" Rolling his eyes from beside her, he grunted. "If you're going to be answering as a Commander, you should be more sure of yourself."

"Okay," She side-eyed him. "Then, I know." Listening to him scoff, she turned to fully face him, "Hey, what's your problem?"

"Okay, okay," Pushing between them, Sinker chuckled as they both directed their glares at him, "I'm sensing some tension here—"

"Some?" Boost grinned.

"—So, how about we call a time-out, and you guys can discuss the details of—" He waved his hand, "Whatever the kriff this is, later?"

Attempting to hide her smile, Eisha nodded as she set her gaze on the Commander. Holding her hand out, she pushed past Sinker, "Truce?"

"Do what you want," Grumbling, he ignored her hand as he set down her cat from his shoulders. "You seem to be good at that."

Gaping after him, Sinker hurriedly grabbed her shoulder as she moved to charge after him, "Ignore him, vod'ika."

Huffing, she relaxed and Sinker let go, "What's up with him?"

"I've been asking myself that question for years," Smirking, Boost wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Sinker's right. Just ignore him — we all do!"

"Well," She raised a brow, "Thanks, then."

"Nah, don't be so silly, Eisha!" Sinker ruffled her curls, "We're family, now."

"We're more than that," Boost corrected. "We're a Pack."

Glancing between the two, Eisha rubbed at her eyes as a few tears threatened to drop, "Thank you." Swiftly wrapping her arms around the two, they hugged her back just as tightly as she sniffled, "Thank you so much."

She had a family again.

•°

•°. *Hi!

How were your guys' days?

Oh! And thank you for 400 reads!!

Bye, bye!

-iss <3

FIRST PUBLISHED:
LAST EDITED: 22/02/2023