16. carnival.

𝖷𝖵𝖨

𝖷𝖵𝖨. 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅.
———- 🎡

𝗔𝗟𝗬𝗦𝗦𝗔'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ;♡⋆.ೃ࿔*
________________

Louis. Like the most original date planner he is. Took me to our school paid carnival. An event that occurs every year in January. The money they make at the game areas, are used for charity and to help the school gain more supplies for the next following school semester. I found it quite smart, coming up with a fun way for the students to raise cash.

The whole school had been there, even the teachers of course. Couples, friend groups, clubs, running round and round about. All over the carnival region. You could hear the loud laughs, and pops of balloons coming from a basic game of pop the balloon. Louis and me walked around hand in hand. He was carrying around a cotton candy on the stick. Nibbling on it, while observing the stands around us.

"Look ! Look ! Frog plushies !!!" Louis exclaims. As he points towards a game booth with frog plushies as prizes. "I'm gonna win you one." He tells me. With a grin. I laugh at his determination.

"Ew, you're so cheesy."

"Only for you." Louis winks at me. Making his way to the booth. I sarcastically roll my eyes. Catching up to him. Louis' first attempt was a fail. So he tried again. And again. And again. Until he finally won the stupid frog plush. Louis happily grabs the toy, turning to me with the biggest smile.

"Here it is, my lady. Your very own frog." Louis bows slightly, handing me the stuffed animal. I giggle at his proper kindness. "Why thank you, kind sir." He takes my hand and presses a soft kiss onto it. Intertwining it right after. The both of us stride along the following booths. Pausing once in a while to play certain games Louis was interested in.

It was beginning to get dark. Meaning the firework show was about to start. I dragged Louis through the crowd of people. Picking the closes spot near the colorful scenery of explosions. The sounds of them filled my ears. Eyeing them in awe. I felt hands come around my waist. Hugging me securely. I smile to myself.

Louis settles his chin onto my left shoulder. I lean into him. I look at our classmates around us. Enjoying the sweet event of this January blue. The fireworks end in a bundle of different sparkles exploding together at one. And when finished, everyone applauses and cheers.

"Wanna get ice cream lyz?" Louis ask me.

"That's sounds great right about now." I respond.