"First time leaving?" Brenda inquired as she, too, came up to them, managing to squeeze in between to reach Cassandra's side.

The redhead snickered, rubbing her Luxray and her Zoroark brothers now, "Yeeeeeeeep. They're *very* attached. His only team for the last ten years."

The brunette whistled, "Yowzah. Yeah, they're gonna be so depressed. I'll have to spoil them extra!"

"Please, do; and if they get bratty let me know and I'll give you a good bonus."

"I look forward to it then," she grinned as she, too, rubbed a head, this one an Archeops who chirped sadly.

"Don't worry guys; I'll be back with new friends for you soon. I'd take you all if I could, but it's just Chara and Lucas this time. So be. Good. Listen to Brenda and let her spoil you, and when I come back you'll have at least four new friends to get to know. I plan to get some cool Pokémon, that's for sure... Rheya don't you pout--I know you wanna go on an adventure, but don't you cause trouble! I don't want you starting fights, y'hear?" Cassandra barked at her Garchomp, the scowling Pokémon turning her head away and folding her fin-arms. She'd listen, though--until she could get away with something. The redhead shook her head as she stroked her Aggron and Tyranitar as well, the latter nuzzling and nipping affectionately. "Yeah, yeah, I'll miss you both, too. Be good and watch out for everyone, alright? All of you. And do the same for Leon's team--they're new to this."

She got a round of chuffs, barks, chirps, and grunts in agreement, and it made her heart swell.

"Alright, be good everyone," Cassandra chuckled, placing kisses on both Zoroark's heads, Empoleon, Sceptile, Zebstrika, and any others she could reach. On high, Pidgeot and Corviknight cried out, wishing them farewell in their own way. The same could be said of the water types, sounding off as well. It was a harmonious chorus of love and affection--and good luck. Grinning, the redhead looked to her boyfriend, who finally managed to escape the clutches of his Rillaboom and hugged every single one of his Pokémon before he met her gaze.

He held out his hand, "Well? Shall we--before our Pokémon force us to stay?"

"Ha! Yes, we should. Walk a girl back home?" she smirked, wrapping her fingers around his. He squeezed tugging her close as they headed towards the gate.

"Of course. I am a gentleman, after all," he smirked, eyes twinkling, and she could only laugh.

-o-

The walk to her parents down in New Bark Town took about half an hour, but it was worth it; the dirt path was beautiful at any time of the year, and at the height of summer it was warm, but a cool breeze came off the coast to the south. Birds chirped and various echoes of Pokémon cries could be heard. It made for a scenic trip, their fingers entwined as they laughed and joked and talked of anything and everything--namely of what to expect in Kalos. There was so little they knew beyond the tourist information and what Sycamore had described, so they were more than eager to get going. First, though, her mother and father had demanded they stop by to grab lunch and so were all too happy to greet them at the door as they came upon the small abode and welcome them in.

"Cassie-baby!" her mother squealed, wrapping her in a vice-grip that lifted her clean up off the ground while Leon clasped her father's hand.

"Richard," her lover smiled.

Her father nodded, "Leon. I trust you'll take care of my little girl?"

"Of course. I love her--with all my heart."