Nacht

(Author note: hello everyone I know I've been gone for awhile because I needed a break but I'm back and finals are around the corner so after that expect more stories!)

WARNING: Implied suicide

"Hey who's this hottie you've been sulking about?" Vanessa pokes her side as they sipped on red wine and ate some cheese and crackers. Swirling her wine glass she leaned on one elbow and sighed. Reminiscing the times her and Nacht had together.

"He's just a old fling, nothing much. You'd be surprised how important he is though." (Your Name) grinned tipsy and borderline drunk. Staring at the red wine she stop grinning and slowly knitted her brows.

"Doesn't seem like a fling to me girl." Vanessa smirks but doesn't budge on the topic any longer.

(Your Name) sat still leaning on her elbow and staring at the wine. The color was reminding her about blood and how it haunted her every night.

"To think I was the most important in your life."

"Why do you hide in the shadows Nacht?" She asks as they sat by the tree feeling the breeze.

"I don't always." He responds back with a smile on his face. The very one he always had with his eyes closed.

She knew he was dangerous, he would never hurt her but mentally she couldn't open him up as much as he said she helped him. Letting down his hair she brushed it between her fingers and hummed a song.

"(Your Name)?" Nacht says hesitantly as she tugged his hair for him to continue.

"Your the most important person to me." He continues acting out of character as she blushed and hugged him from behind.

After Vanessa and her downed four bottles of wine that night she was stumbling back to the room and refused help from Finral and Asta who insisted. She needed to be alone, after remembering memories of her love it was painful to not cry and scream.

Opening the door to her room she stumbled into bed and cried in her covers. It was pure torture she didn't know where Nacht was or his whereabouts.

"I hate him." She yells and chokes a sob once more. "I hate him so much."

Trying to regain her breathing (Your Name) made it to her desk and open the drawl to reveal the only picture she and Nacht had. He hated pictures but he had agreed that day to take one.

Placing the picture by her bed she laid down as the room started to spin and she blacked out with no more tears.

"Please can we take a photo!" She begs Nacht dragging his arm to a spot under a stall that had lights decorated for a festival they attended.

"Absolutely not. You know I don't like them." He softly tells her as she frowned and looked down to her feet in complete silence.

Nacht sighed and lifted her head and gave her a smile. "I suppose one doesn't hurt love."

Holding the only memories captured of them he wore the biggest smile he had in his entire life. To say he was the happiest that day was true. (Your Name) had planned a small date because he was feeling down. Even if he didn't tell her she could tell he was not feeling well.

Nacht hated the black bulls, he hated coming here but he always came to check up on (Your Name) every once in a while. Walking through the main room he saw the many liquor bottles that were opened and finished. "I dislike people who can't hold their liquor."