Prologue: Childhood

Your POV

It was the afternoon, we just arrived in our house, I'm not to thrill to do anything at all, I miss my old home, my school and my friends. My Dad, busy unpacking his things, my Mum approached me.

"How about you go out and explore our new area? Maybe you can meet your neighbours and make new friends." Mum urged me out. "But Mum, I don't like where this is going." I moaned, homesickness dragged with me like chains.

"Oh for heaven's sake, you need to go make friends and meet some new people." She moved me to the front door. "We'll be living here for a long time." She opened the door as I turn around to look at her.

"Alright," I respond as she shut the front door. I walked around, feeling uneasy on what's going to happen in the future.

My thoughts and feelings mixing together as I'm lost in my thoughts, a boy about my age approach me.

"Hello I'm Tom but you can call me Tommy, you must be the new neighbours?" A blonde boy with blue eyes stood there as he held his hand out to me. I just moved to England, my Dad got a really good job offer here, but I have to leave my friends and my siblings behind. My brother and sister still need to finish their university courses in Australia.

I stood there, his hand waiting to be shaken. "Yes, I'm-" I hesitated, a sick feeling sink in as I think about my old friends. I examine him as I caught a glimpse of his Minecraft t-shirt. "I'm Y/n and I really love your shirt and Minecraft!" I shock his hand.

"Really? Cool! Maybe once you finish packing and settling in, you can come over to my place and play Minecraft in my backyard." Tommy replied. Tommy is a bit taller by a couple of centimetres and pretty slim-

"Okie, just need to ask Mum and I just need to sort my stuff out." I respond as I walk towards the house.

20 minutes later

I walked to Tommy's house with my parents as I hold a plate of muffins as a neighbours gift. Mum is very good at baking goods. My forest green backpack sitting on my shoulders. Dad balled his big, strong hand into a fist and give it 3 loud knocks on the door.

Few seconds later, a woman opened the door "Hello?" She stared at the three of us. "Hello, my name is M/n (Mum's name), we're your new neighbours if you don't know and we made you some muffins." Mum said "Oh this is my husband D/n (Dad's name) and Y/n, she's a bit shy-"

"Y/n!" Tommy shouted, urging me to come with him. "I have set things up that we can do." I quickly gave the plate of muffins to Mum, I took his hand, dragging me to his backyard.

"Looks like Tommy and Y/n is already friends." Tommy's Mum said smiling. "Would you like some tea?" She asked.

"Yes please" Dad answered as he step inside. Mum follow-suit with him.

~~~~ (This means a scene changes)

Tommy showed me the backyard, he gathered sticks and stones, forming a little circle. "This is going to be our house." He explains, curiously stared at my backpack. "What's in your backpack?" He asked, I opened my backpack, revealing a foamed diamond sword and pickaxe, a cat and baby slime plushie.

"My Minecraft things!" I said, his eyes full of excitement. "I'm Nutpig with blue hair and red eyes." He declared as he looked at me "I'm uhh u/n with f/c hair and s/f/c eyes." I declared.

"WOAH!!" He picked up the foamed diamond sword "Can I have it?" He asked "Yes, I can have the pickaxe." I picked up the pickaxe. Tommy eyed on baby slime plushie and pick it up.

"Baby slimes rules and the best mob! Still holding the baby slime plushie "um" he thinks for a name "Squishy" he said.

We play for what felt like hours even though it's been 2 hours as my parents chat with Tommy's Mum. It's like a spark lighten me up. The sky changing from bright blue to a pink sky, stars dotting over the sky.

"Y/n, it's 5pm and I need to cook dinner." Mum called "Aww but I don't want to leave, can I stay there for a few minutes?" I gave her my best puppy eye look.

"Oh Y/n, you can go play with Tommy tomorrow." She said, Tommy gave me my backpack as he still holding Squishy. "You can keep Squishy as a reminder of me." I said as he smiled at me.

"Thank you for coming and letting me keep Squishy." He gave me a hug. "You're welcome," I thanked him "See ya later Y/n" he bid farewell.

"See you tomorrow Tommy." I waved goodbye as my parents took me home.

A/n
Wow my first time writing an x reader fanfic. Let me know in the comments on anything that I need to edit. I do not tolerate with hate or rude comments. Anyway, hope you have an amazing day and cya later.

Cake