Heejin nodded. "You're right Y/n, they will find us soon," she breathed before anxiously pursing her lips. She scratched the back of her neck and scrunched her nose while we all waited for a final reply.

"You see, Chaewon suggested we go see Jinsoul and―"

"Who's Jinsoul?" I asked, unfamiliar with this woman's name.

"Oh, that's right, we never got to tell you," Jiwoo smiled. "Jung Jinsoul is The Mad Hatter."

"Ah, I see," I mumbled while nodding my head. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure if I could handle a mad person at the moment, but I let them continue with the plan.

"Right, but then I figured that they'll probably know to find us there, as the queen is well aware of us being good friends," Heejin explained with a sigh. She bit her bottom lip in frustration, and I could tell based on previous actions that she was getting worried again. Before Heejin could get too worked up, Jiwoo began to speak.

"What about Absolem's daughter, Hyunjin? She'll know what to do," she suggested, earning a few nods of approval from the group.

"I was going to suggest that but your annoying ass stole my idea," Jungeun groaned, rolling her eyes once again.

"I did not!" Jiwoo snapped back, warningly raising her fist. Jungeun lifted her hand as well, mocking Jiwoo's actions.

"Oh please you two, now's not the time to fight," Heejin grumbled, automatically making Jungeun and Jiwoo pipe down. The two girls scratched the back of their necks awkwardly, looking down at their feet with apologetic expressions.

"Absolem's daughter? Hyunjin? Who's that?" I asked, sounding somewhat nervous.

"You don't have to worry Y/n, she's very wise, just a bit... intimidating," Heejin responded before biting the inside of her cheek, breaking eye contact with me. I gave her a weak smile in response and nodded, now joining the rest of them by looking down at the ground.

Before we could awkwardly stand there in silence for any longer, Yeojin cleared her throat and insisted we be on our way. We all agreed and began our journey once again, following Heejin through the towering grass, this time slower than before.

At first, I walked beside Yeojin, but she left me, having to discuss something with Heejin. I then decided to accompany Jungeun and Jiwoo, placing myself right in between the two.

"Oh, Y/n! How are you doing?" Jiwoo asked in a cheerful voice. It was strange how she was able to remain so lively despite being on the run from an army of red knights.

I grinned at her. "I'm doing fine, thank you."

She nodded with a smile before facing the front again while humming an unknown tune. I internally giggled at her, now turning towards Jungeun. As I was about to open my mouth to speak, I stopped myself and furrowed my eyebrows at the girl, who was currently talking to herself. 

"Uh, Jungeun―"

"Y/n! I am always hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I touch will soon turn red!"

Riddles?

I give her a bewildered look as I place my index finger on my chin, tapping it every few seconds. I've never been the best at riddles, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to build that skill here, seeing how absolutely bizarre it is in Wonderland.

I am always hungry and will die if not fed... But whatever I touch will soon turn red?

My eyes suddenly widened, and I snapped my fingers in realization.