1, 2, 3, 4 [klaus]

prompts: ''I've had a rough day and honestly all I want right now is a drink and someone to cuddle with'', ''you're the only one who gets to call me that you know'', ''you're in love with her''

summary: Klaus comes home after a difficult day only to get interrogated by Elijah on the way about his intentions

''Welcome home, Niklaus.'' Elijah's stone cold voice tremored throughout the living room.

''You're the only one who gets to call me that you know, I would've had anyone else's heart out by now, don't take it for granted. What do you require, Elijah?'' He seems on edge and fed up, I sat on the stairs, unseen by them, Elijah probably knew I was there albeit.

''I would like to know what you plan on doing with Y/n.'' His answer was swift and to the point.

''What ever do you mean, brother?'' The exasperated voice told me Klaus was feeling slightly angry, due to the fact he had brought me up.

''What is she to you? Why are you...intimate with her? Are you doing this just to play a game with her? Believe it or not brother, I care about her.'' Elijah was sincere and truthful.

''No, no. You had fun with Hayley, I'm not letting you 'care' about Y/n. You've done enough, I think. I've had a rough day and honestly all I want right now is a drink and someone to cuddle with so unless you propose sharing your covers with me, I'll be on my way.'' He aggressively shoulder barged Elijah as he walked by.

''You're in love with her.'' The older Mikaelson revelled, ''It's clear, now, Niklaus.'' He swerved on his feet, turning to look at the honest brother.

''What's it to you? You may care about her yes, but I my dear brother, I'm infatuated with her. Well she likes me for me, listens to me like I matter. It's more than you can say.'' I felt my heart stop, and I suppose they both did as well.

''Come out, love, I heard that.'' There was a playfulness in his voice. 

''Hi.'' 

''Come here.'' Klaus beckoned. 

''Care to tell me why you were eavesdropping on us?'' A glimmer in his eye made me smile, times like this were precious.

''Couldn't help it, if I'm honest.'' I shrugged, there was nothing else to it.

''Direct, exactly why you're here right now. Part of your charm, my love.'' He takes my hand in his.

''Now if you will excuse us, Elijah, there are further matters I would like to address in the privacy of my own bedroom. I will be seeing you.'' He used his ability to speed us up to his room.

''So I'm guessing you heard what we said? I'm in love with you, yes. That part is true, so is the part about me wanting a drink.'' He walks over to the crystal whiskey canteen on our dresser. 

I couldn't help but tease him, ''And a cuddle?'' I wink at the sandy blonde.

''Only if it's you, love, my brother can be rather sweaty at times.'' I let out a shocked giggle, snorting at the comment.

Klaus' eyes widened and he opened his mouth in a smile, ''That was adorable.'' Fuck you, Niklaus.

''Oh shush, puppy boy.'' Other people would be frightened of the way I spoke to the feared hybrid, and he would make sure they would be. But not me, I was different

''Right, that's done it.'' I laugh as he launches at me, tacking me onto the mattress. 

1, 2, 3, 4, every time I need you more