hello, again [kai]

prompts: ''tell me again'', ''I might never get another chance to say this'', ''do you regret it?'', ''please don't cry''

summary: you reminisce over your true love whilst you, Bonnie and Damon are trapped in the 1994 prison world, and why you are connected to this day.

''I won't tell you his name, because you'll look him up and it'll all get complicated and- just don't pry.'' I warned them.

''Promise.'' Bonnie said, reaching over to cup my hand in hers. ''Damon?'' Bonnie glares at him.

''Fine, fine.'' He holds his hands up in surrender.

''So today, May 10th 1994, my boyfriend was about to do something-''

''Just promise me, you'll be okay?'' I asked him, searching his expressive eyes for any sign. I supported him, undoubtedly but worry was strong in me.

''Yes, trust me. Wait out front, keep the engine going. I won't be long.'' He looked fine, confident even. 

''Look, I might never get another chance to say this if tonight goes south, I love you.'' I looked ahead of me, staring at the opened bag of pork rinds, not at him.

''I know.'' I could feel the teasing smirk on his face.

''Really? Star Wars?'' I laughed.

''And that- my partner in literal crime, is why I love you.'' Simple and sweet, things that he was not. Which is why the moment felt bittersweet. ''I know I'm pushing but- tell me again.''  He held an urgency in his voice.

''I love you.'' I kissed him, with everything I had. ''Go, finish this.'' 

''See you soon.''

''-And that, my dears, was the last moment I saw him.'' A tear rolled down my cheek, but my expression was numb.

''Pork rinds really? Blegh. How did you meet pork rind boy?''

''I have to ask, Y/n, do you regret it?'' Bonnie caressed my cheek, she was too caring for her own good.

''Not in a million years. Never have, never will. I regret the way the night ended, but not how it began. Not how we began.''

''Aw, please don't cry, princess.'' My blood ran cold, my brain turned to fuzz as I tensed.''

  ''Y/n, Bonnie, get back!'' Damon yelled. ''Who are you? Is it you who has been messing with us?'' Protective Salvatore side alert.

''Yes- no, maybe? You choose.'' How is he here? ''Can I speak to the lovely lady Y/n alone please?'' 

''Why should we trust you?'' Bonnie speaks up.

''It's him. Pork rind boy. Kai Parker.'' I didn't know how to feel, how to react.

''Can we trust him alone with you?'' I immediately replied to her.

''Yes.'' Was all I could muster.

''Just know I can end you.'' Bonnie snaps.

''I'm with her.'' Damon agrees.

''Both of you, out.'' He demands.

When Bonnie and Damon are out of sight, he speaks up.

''So, miss me?'' He tried to hide behind his snide, teasing exterior but I could see behind those eyes.

''Cut the shit, Kai. Why and how are you here?'' Another tear.

''I could ask you the same thing, that night, when I did what I did. This- was my punishment. Draining isn't it?'' He sighed, looking around.

''I tried to find you, for years, turned myself-'' His head flew to look at me.

''You turned yourself?'' He was heartbroken, I heard the falter in his voice.

''I thought the only way I'd find you, was if I had forever to try.'' I looked to the ground.

''Princess-'' He shot towards me, engulfing me in warmth. How could someone so cold be so warm?

''So you don't regret us?'' He had hope in his eyes.

''You heard what I said, I might want a second chance to undo some things but, no regret.'' I cupped his smooth, shaven cheek in my hand.

''Well, I hope I don't regret this-'' He kisses me with fiendish fervour, but it's short-lived.

''Ew, really, Y/n?'' Bonnie sounds disgusted.

''So we had a chance to look at the newspaper again, something or rather, someone stood out when I was reading it. This-'' Damon narrowed his eyes at Kai. ''Pork rind munching freak. Has done some serious shit.''

''Fuck.'' Kai and I chorus.