I can't say no to this [alaric]

prompts: ''stay for me'', ''what's this between us'', ''come here'', ''It's nice to see someone who can appreciate my humour''

summary: Alaric wants to know how you feel

''Look I'm not asking for anything more than an answer, Y/n, what's this between us? Because I wish it was something more. I need to know if you feel the same. I'll take it slow with us you know that, death follows you and I think it's about time I put a stop to that.'' Alaric is stood, arms crossed in front of me, peering down. There's a kindness in his eyes that surrounds me, engulfs me. He's one of the good ones. 

I had come over to his place to return a shirt he left at my place. Don't jump to conclusions, he appeared at my door, covered in blood, I said I'd wash it for him. He declined obviously but I didn't take no for an answer, I made him borrow my brother's.

''Ric, I wish there was something between us I do-'' He cuts me off, grabbing my hand gently.

''Then what's stopping you?'' His thumb rubs over the back of my hand, sending goose bumps across my arm, he notices this.

''To be truthful 'Ric, I don't want to lose you, whether that be death or our relationship in general, I can't stand the thought of you not being in my life. You're the only one there for me and it scares me, because I don't know what I'll do without you.'' A tear escapes my eye, I bite my lip as Ric reaches up to brush of the tear, he cups my cheek. The hand that once held my hand is now bending around my waist, shivers sent in shockwaves around my body. 

''Say no and I'll stop.'' He whispers, I don't have the strength nor the want to stop this.

My heart beat seems more established and hard as he leans down, nearing my face. The thumping, I can hear it, feel it. I swallow my nerves and meet his lips before he reached mine, he breathes in, pulling me close. The hand cupping my cheek now rests in my hair, tugging and teasing. My arms reach up and around him, swallowing his hair, threading it through my fingers. A light moan of his vibrates against my lips, woah. He needs to make that sound again.

I break apart, only to breath, but before I continue, ''Ric, what do you want there to be between us.'' I ask.

''This. And more. I wanna be yours, like that Arctic Monkeys song-'' I giggle, an inappropriate joke at a serious moment is something I love about him. ''It's nice to see someone who can appreciate my humour.'' He smiles softly. Weighing my options, there only being one by the way he reasoned his case, I decide.

''I'll be yours on one condition.'' He raises an eyebrow, questioning me.

''Go on.'' His voice is deep yet gentle, reflecting the mood.

''On our first date, we get Chinese food and go to my place- or yours. Just us, no curious eyes or questioning stares. Me and you.'' I propose my offer.

''Yes, yes, anything-'' He picks me up and spins me, making me release a small scream out of surprise. ''But one more thing, Y/n, tonight- stay. For me?'' I couldn't say no to this, damn you.

''Of course.'' I looked deep into his eyes, leaning up I gave him a soft, chaste kiss, pulling away slowly, using my teeth to nip and release his bottom lip.

''Come here.'' Alaric grunted, pulling me flush against his chest, he kissed me with a passion I'd never felt in my life. I hummed out a moan, which made him slam me against his now closed door, it didn't hurt. It was just hot as fuck.

He picked up one of my legs, clad in sweats, not exactly the sexiest but I doubt he cared. He rested it around his hip, kneading the space between my thigh and my ass. I broke off him, he looked confused as I lead him to the living room of his apartment. 

''So about the Chinese food.'' He chuckles softly, picking up his phone.

''I'm on it.'' He kisses me again, holding on and breaking apart slowly, as he dials the number I stare at him and bite my lip.

God fucking damnit.