"Yep, it's true."

Scarlett retracted her back from the counter and stood straight with both arms crossed. "Why would you say that?"

"Because it's true. I've only been here for like three days? And I noticed you so quickly, like the speed of light."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "Stop with the science thing, young lady. And yes, you've only been here for three days and two nights yet your behaviour is out of this world. And you know, you should probably go to sleep now 'cause you'll have a big day tomorrow."

"Are you joking around? or are you serious? I mean, it's only nine in the night, still early." The young girl complained.

"What do you want? You want to go to school late tomorrow? Even if it's your first day?"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows and replied, "I don't know what to tell the class. Should I use Caleigh Rhislett or Callie?"

Scarlett's face softened after Callie had asked her about her name. "You should just use Caleigh Rhislett because it's your real name. How did you know your first name is Caleigh?"

Rhislett shrugged her shoulders, "I saw it on one of the picture frames in my room. I guess I'm not Callie Sanner anymore." A hint of sadness was visible in her tone but she smiled it away. "What's the meaning behind my name?" She asked out of the blue.

Scarlett smiled before speaking up, "Back before when you were still in my belly, when I was still nursing you..."

Callie's breathing became hitched when Scarlett detailed about her, about her pregnancy, about her name. She had lived a life without knowing her biological parents and now that she's with them, she's also got a biological name?

"Chris and I first thought of a name that'll suit a girl and then we came up with a 2-word name which is Ingrid Noelle. Ingrid is also my second name, you know? But then we had decided to just name you Caleigh which means beautiful and also a blessing and then Rhislett, our names' combination. It's Rhis from Chris and Lett from mine, so it's Rhislett." Scarlett happily detailed and Callie only nodded her head.

"I just also realized that Callie also sounds like Caleigh."

Scarlett smiled, "Callie actually came from Caleigh."

"Oh, so you were the one who named me Callie too?"

Scarlett shook her head with a playful smile on her lips, "no, your Daddy Patrick."

"Cool. Sounds cute tho," Callie complimented.

Scarlett was out for a month. Everything went well and Callie became friends with Rietta. Rose was away with her father in France. And Chris always finds a way to talk to her daughter just for a few minutes despite all of his busy schedules.

Now was the first week of October and Callie was currently at her school. Scarlett had just wrapped up from filming her movie and had just gone back to New York.

It wasn't that easy getting along with her eldest, in fact she did really her best to call her even though her time was ticking so fast that she couldn't even have the chance to do what she wanted to do to get close with her Callie. 

Callie was a secretive girl, she doesn't share her secrets nor is she a very open person. But to Chris? She's everything. She shares her problem with him, also tells him about her friends, about school and hobbies, but when it comes Scarlett? She did nothing.

Scarlett didn't know what's wrong with her. Was she that bad? Was she not easy to get along with? What in the seven hell was wrong with her?

Scarlett was in a car when suddenly her phone rang. "Hey mom, what's up?"