Chapter Six ~ One Direction

December 31st, 2012

11:54pm

 London, England

One Direction ~ Happy New Years!

Niall's POV

Since Christmas Eve I had texted Sam everyday. I really wanted to tell her I liked her, but I didn't want to do it over a text message. That was just not cool. So, I invited her to London for a couple days to celebrate New Years with the lads and me. She had accepted without any convincing, so I took that as a good sign. Right now Sam and I were at a club with Zayn and Lucy, Harry and Ava, Liam and Beth, and Louis and Eloise. All of us had decided to go out to ring in the New Year. Both Sam and I had had a little bit to drink, but nothing impairing. We had also taken to the dance floor, having a competition to see who could dance the worst. I didn’t know whether to be relieved or upset that Sam won.

Anyway, when I introduced Sam to the rest of the lads and their ladies there was nothing awkward about it. Sam instantly loved the guys and the guys instantly loved her. We had all talked for a while before going our separate ways.

Right now I was sitting in a somewhat calm part of the club, alone at a table with Sam.

“I have to say Niall, you’re even more fun to be around when you’re not stressed out,” Sam chuckled.

“What can I say, I’m just a fun guy,” I went along with her.

“Maybe,” she teased.

“What do you mean maybe?” I joked while acting offended.

“Okay, you are,” she admitted.

“You’re not so bad yourself,” I nudge her. Sam just shakes her head and giggles. Gosh, I love it when she giggles. I suddenly hear people start chanting and I know it’s almost midnight. I take Sam by the arm and drag her to the TV to watch the countdown. We both join in, shouting as loud as we could.

“10!”

“9!”

“8!”

“7!”

“6!”

“5!”

“4!”

“3!”

“2!”

“1!” everyone shouted and the fireworks started to go off. I turned to Sam at the same moment she turned to me. This was it. The one perfect chance to tell her I like her. I moved closer to her, watching her expression. She seemed to know what was going to happen. I see panic in her eyes for a moment before she leans in too and our lips crash together. We don’t pull apart right away. I love the feeling of her lips on mine. I become greedier and we stay together as long as possible. When we break apart, we’re both smiling like idiots and Sam in blushing.

“Sam,” I started, “if it’s not obvious by now, I like you a lot.”

“And Niall,” she says, “if it’s not obvious by now, I really like you too.”

I grin and she wraps her arms around my waist and I wrap mine around hers. We sway back and forth, foreheads touching, like a stereotypical sappy couple. I don’t care though.

All I know is that if this is the start to 2013 then I can’t wait for the rest of it.

“Happy New Years,” I whisper to Sam.