To Romance A Charming Rogue : Part 12

Start from the beginning

By the time she got back from the washroom, she had decided to lie.

"What did you ask me?" Gauri asks acting as if she forgot the question.

Om watches her for a while and then sighing loudly he asks, "So they fought again?"

Gauri sighs as she looked down.

"What happened?"

"They started blaming each other for you leaving and how the other is ruining the children's life. Finally, Priyanka had enough, and she screamed at them and took them home." Gauri sadly informs him.

"I always tell myself. I even started to believe that I no longer cared whether my parents fought. I told myself that I shouldn't care if they didn't get along. But I am just so weak. It kills me every time. It hurts just as much as it did when I was a kid." Om tells her sadly.

"They are your parents, Om." Gauri tells him as she walked to him.

"I can't do it, Gauri." Om tells her shaking his head.

"Do what?"

"This marriage." Om tells her.

"What do you mean?" Gauri asks telling herself to keep her faith in him intact.

"We'll go from here, Gauri. Anywhere. We will get married and come back. I can't do it with my parents."

"I can't do that, Om." Gauri softly whispers to him. "I can't do that to my mother. After everything, she is still supportive of us. She hasn't called off the wedding. So how I can do that to her?"

"I am scared that I might not make it, Gauri." Om whispers to Gauri in tears.

"You will. I have faith in you." Gauri tells him as she cupped his face.

"After what happened today, all my fears are getting strong." Om tells her worriedly.

"But your love for me is stronger than that." Gauri tells him and hugs him tight. "Please fight for us, Om."

Om nods as he hugged her.

"I know, there is no point in asking you now, but still..." Om says as he stepped back from her and took out the ring. "Will you marry me?"

"I keep forgetting that you didn't propose me." Gauri chuckles softly.

"I have never proposed you." Om tells her grinning hinting at how it was she who had forced him to date her.

"Yeah."

"Thanks for fighting for me, Gauri. From the beginning. For making me realize that my life is with you."

Gauri smiles as she slid her finger into the ring he was holding.

"Nice ring." Gauri says as she admired her ring. "So beautiful."

"Ahem."

"What?" Gauri asks him as she curiously looked at him.

"I asked you something." Om reminds her.

"oh!" Gauri realizes that he was waiting for an answer. "Sorry, I won't run away with you."

"Funny... I asked whether you will marry me."

"I thought, there was no point in asking."

"God, just say yes, Gauri."

"When did I say no?"

"Stop irritating me." Om says frowning at her. "and just say yes."

"okay... yes."

"Please show some excitement."