Recovery (Ch104)

I'm listening, baby. I saw, I saw everything. You're so strong, you know? Don't ever give up on your dreams, promise you will become a hero and save the lives of others, just like I once did. You're doing amazing, and I could never have asked for a more beautiful daughter.

I'm so proud of you.

Your eyes fluttered closed as your body went limp, quickly falling from the air and approaching the ground. The class gave startled cries as everyone rushed to move underneath you, preparing to use their quirks or help back up their classmates to catch you.

Before anyone could do anything, however, Todoroki took a step back and held his arm in the air, ice forming from his left side and growing quickly to form a small glacier. The ice moved under your body mere moments before you hit the ground, two sharp shards wedging themselves on either side of you and catching you snuggly.

There was large gust of wind and dirt quickly spread up into the air, circulating around and masking everyone from being able to see Todoroki or you, the thick cloud causing many people to cough and cover their mouths in desperation. Kirishima's eyes widened as he tried to run towards the large pillar of ice, wanting to make sure you were okay.

Todoroki ran towards you, grunting deeply as he jumped up his ice to reach you, his hand gripping onto your bodysuit on yanking you down. You slumped forwards, your body beginning to fall before he jumped down and caught you in his arms gently, letting his knees sink to the floor as he placed you down.

His eyebrows furrowed with worry as he leaned over you, looking at you slightly scrunched up and annoyed face. Your eyes flickered gently before opening, squinting at the blinding sunlight that filtered through the reflective ceiling of the grounds. "Y/N, are you alright?" He asked softly, his voice gentle as he addressed you and placed a soft palm against your forehead.

You let out a gentle cough, holding your hand over your chest as you stared above you, your teeth clenched slightly. You turned you head at his question, a small smile on your face. But instead of answering him, you did something that made his eyes widen and his body jerk backwards in surprise and shock. You laughed, for the first time in years.

The sound was soft a delicate, more like a chuckle than a tear jerking laugh. But as you continued the bubbling feeling inside your chest seemed to grow, you laughs growing louder and more soft, genuine. You could make out the gentle footsteps of the class as they quickly approached you, worry on their faces that quickly turned to looks of curries and concern.

Kirishima held his hand in front of his mouth, waving the dust away from his face as he approached Todoroki. "Dude, is she okay? That was a pretty hard-" his eyes widened and he froze, his body turning rigid as he looked down at your slightly shaking figure. "Is she...laughing?" He nodded his head and sighed softly, watching as the bubbly red head struggled to hold back a smile.

He broke into a massive grin and dropped down next to you, his arms wrapping themselves around your torso, making sure not to touch your head or squeeze to harshly incase he injured or hurt you. "Y/N! Your laughing!" Small tears pricked his eyes as he let out a strong laugh and shook his head, watching as the rest of your classmates began to break into their own soft smiles and encouraging looks.

You felt his strong arms begin to remove themselves around you and died down to small, softer laughs, your chest heaving as you began to cough. Todoroki quickly reached out to you and helped you sit up, patting your back gently with support, not exactly knowing what to do or how exactly to help you.

Midoriya joined him and pressed his hand to your forehead, checking your temperature and giving a soft nod with his head before looking into your eyes. He reached out towards your face, pausing gently and retracting his fingers as he looked at you apologetically. "S-sorry, can I touch you?" You shook your shoulders and nodded gently, too tired to make any rational decisions or exactly care what others did around you.