Ch 165: I'll Give You Whatever You want

Start from the beginning

... as if he was very familiar with escaping from surprise attacks and finding escape routes.

He scratches his head.

But he didn't know how to explain it to Swire, he tries to change the topic, "Who was that guy, anyway?"

Swire clenches her teeth, rage briefly overtaking pain on her features. "Eric Walson. He was the boss of a big corporation in Lungmen, but I found out that he had broken the law, using illegal means to gain wealth, so I led a team and took his company down. In the end, he was kicked out of Lungmen.

"Tsk. No wonder."

"What?"

"Never mind.", Lin Ye says, "Since he came all this way for revenge, he probably knows a lot about you, including where you were."

Swire props herself up despite the pain, "I don't think he's here just for revenge. Otherwise, why would he bother going to such lengths?"

"You mean?"

Swire turns to look at the burning stage, "Master Walker and his team should still be somewhere backstage. I hope they're fine."

"Seriously? You still have time to worry about your idol?", Lin Ye asks dumbfounded.

"What idol?", Swire grunts, "I only want to know his true motive. After all, Master Walker's status is much higher than mine. If anything were to happen to Master Walker, the consequences would be unimaginable. It would lead to diplomatic problems between Lungmen and Ursus. By the way, have you called that Bitch yet? Why is she taking so long?"

"I tried", Lin Ye shows his phone to her, "but there's no signal in here."

Swire growls.

After a while, she sighs helplessly, "They really didn't come here just for me.", she looks at the stage, "We have to tell the LGD somehow."

Lin Ye looks at the stage as well, "The explosion wasn't that loud. I don't think the people outside noticed anything."

"If only I still had my weapons with me. Even that Bitch's purse would work." Swire curses in frustration, "Motherfucker, next time I'll bring my hammer with me, even when I go to the bathroom."

"Uh, let's talk about that later. What should we do now?"

"We can't stay here.", she shakes her head, "Without weapons, we'll just be waiting to be killed. We need to go backstage."

"But if those terrorists are here for Master Walker as you said, wouldn't-", Lin Ye sighs after seeing how determined she is, "Let's go."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Lin Ye and Swire managed to reach the hallway to the backstage using the chaos as cover.

"Before the explosion went off, the play had been halfway through Act 1." Swire says, as she staggers forward in Lin Ye's arms, "So he should still be on the backstage right now. I just don't know if he has his bodyguards around."

"I hope he does."

"Same.", Swire goes silent

She then lowers her head and with a smaller voice, Swire mumbles, "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Lin Ye raises an eyebrow, "Why did you apologize?"

"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have gotten involved in this mess. I'm the one who brought you here.", she whimpers, "I know you don't like the show, but-"

Lin Ye cuts her off, "It's fine. I'm actually really grateful for your invitation.", he sighs, "That means I can just sell my ticket to a scalper later."

"Wh-what? That's what you have in mind? Y-y-y-", Swire stutters in bewilderment, but then, she chuckles, "You're quite an interesting guy. Even now, I can't feel any fear from you."

"I'm alright."

"Do you need money?"

"Uh... I'm alright."

She looks at him, "Is that the only thing you can say? Fine, if we can survive tonight."

"You can give-"

"It's fine if you don't want money. To me, money can't express feelings."

"Uh..."

Lin Ye and Swire's conversation grounds to a sudden halt, as they turn a corner.

Two of the attackers had just suddenly appeared before them.

Swire whispers, "If we can get out, I'll give you whatever you want."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaqqy10

Proofread by Demosama & PanzerComrade56

Edit by Jaqqy10