Chapter 13

They moved through the studio, Tina showing Brittany the different sets and places for wardrobe. It was the first time Brittany had ever been in a professional studio like this, and she had nothing to compare it to, but she was impressed. This was Tina's world and Brittany got the idea that even without Santana's influence, she would have made this happen for herself.

"That's my set crew," the photographer explained with a wave, "I try to keep no more than five around at a time."

Brittany glanced at the people setting things up on the set they were going to be using. She noticed that they were all women. She wondered if that was a precaution for Santana's sake or if it was Tina's hiring preference. Brittany followed Tina along a wall of various dressing rooms until they stopped at the door closest to the active set. Tina knocked and as they waited for an answer, they heard Santana's voice float through it.

"Kurt, no. I am not wearing that thing with the straps. I'm not doing it."

The door opened and Quinn slipped out, "Good you're here, she's already flipping out about the wardrobe. I'm going for coffee, have fun with that."

Tina laughed at her as they moved into the door.

Brittany found Santana sitting in a salon chair wearing a black robe, a stylist stood behind her, blow-drying her dark hair. Santana's arms were crossed over her chest, a heavy glare fixated on the material hanging from the clothing rack across from her. When she noticed them walking into the room her glare softened into a mild look of annoyance.

"Santana," Tina crossed the room and took the offending dress off the rack, "you know the rules."

"I don't care," her voice dropped a little, she didn't want to throw a fit in front of Brittany. "I'm not wearing it."

"What are the rules?" Brittany asked Kurt quietly as she took a seat next to him in one of the chairs along the wall.

"But it's so pretty."

"Yeah, pretty skimpy."

"She's not allowed to refuse an outfit until after she tries it on," Kurt answered with a roll of his eyes. "Just wait until her coffee buzz wears off, she's hasn't even started being a diva yet."

Brittany had to smile, watching Santana's jaw set rebelliously as Tina tried to coax her into at least giving the dress a chance. She recrossed her legs, the robe slipping a little further up her thigh. Brittany had to look away.

"I think it's kind of cute," Brittany chuckled to Kurt who looked disbelieving.

Tina shook her head, "I wouldn't call this designer skimpy, Santana."

"Really? Because that clasp on the back looks like a quick release button. It's totally a stripper dress."

"This dress cost more than your fancy computers."

"And yet," Santana scoffed, rolling her eyes, "it's about as useful as a wet rag."

A breath of a laugh escaped the photographer. Tina smiled at Santana, who was looking back at her, waiting for a rebuttal.

"I've missed you, Santana."

Santana's glare broke into a grin that they shared.

"Who wouldn't?"

_______________

With her hair finally finished, the stylist scuttled out of the dressing room and Santana progressed to the next stage in the process.

Brittany watched Tina set up the makeup kits along the vanity, pick up a brush, and slowly lower herself until she was sitting on Santana's lap, one leg on either side of her hips. Santana was still talking about something that had happened at work last week and didn't seem fazed by the action at all. The way her hands settled instantly on Tina's thighs said she was pretty comfortable with it. Their conversation never wavered, they were casual, familiar, close.