Chapter 1

Daniel Miller

I wake up this morning with an ache in my heart, but I don't know why. Then, I remember Emma's not my girlfriend anymore. A tear slips down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away.

I walk into the washroom and get changed into the Iridium High uniform. I look at my hair, messy and all over the place. I'm about to fix it, when I change my mind and walk out of the washroom, looking like a mess.

I walk into the garage and crash on the couch, too tired and heart broken to do anything. I pull a blanket over my body and close my eyes, trying to forget everything.
A few minutes later, mom walks in and sit down on the edge of the couch.
"Daniel, time to go to school," she says. I groan and sit up on the couch. I sigh and stand up, heading out the door on my daily walk to school.

When I get to school, the first thing I see is Jax and Emma together. I quickly walk the other way, trying hard to avoid them.
"Daniel!" I hear someone yell from behind me. I recognize that voice anywhere. I pick up my pace and run towards the my locker. When I get to my locker, I quickly turn my lock to the right numbers. 36. 18. 6. I pull it open. I throw my bag into my locker and look for my books, which I can't find.
By the time I find my books, the person who I'm trying to avoid is right behind me.
"Daniel," she says.
"What?" I snap, "you already chose Jax, there's nothing that you would want from me." I slam my locker shut and walk away from her.

----------

I sit down in my seat for chemistry and take out my phone. I play a game on it as I wait for everyone else to come in. Slowly, all the people start coming in. Someone sits down beside me, and I turn to see who my lab partner for the day is. The moment I turn my head, I regret it. My lab partner is the one and only Emma Alonso.
I flash her a clearly fake smile, and turn back to my phone.
"Danny, you know we're still friends, right?" She says. I turn and look at her.
"Yea, I do. But you can't expect me to like the fact that we're friends," I say in a cold voice. She turns away from me. My eyes soften and I look at her in a longing way. It's so hard to want something that you can't have.

><><><><><><><

Was that off to a good start? Good enough!
I hope you liked the first chapter even thought it was kind of short.
Have any fanfic requests? Comment down below. (No, I will not make a Jemma Fanfic unless I actually want to. Anything else is fine)

If you liked it, Comment, Vote and Follow me.

@_lookingatthestars_