Fluid Tenacity (Willne)

Start from the beginning

Will and Harper stayed in touch, exchanging numbers and talking over the phone for weeks after that. After a few months, they considered each other best friends. Harper often featuring in his videos while Will would be her plus one to any event necessary.

Many people assumed the pair were together. They would constantly be cuddling, leaning against each other and delivering kisses to both heads.

"Hi Harps, where are you?"

He chuckled. He could hear the music through his phone, assuming she was in a club, but just wanting to know whether she's okay or not.

"IM FREEEEEEEEE!"

She screamed in a gleeful tone. But deep down, she was devastated. Less by the fact that she was now single, more by the fact that it was over text.

"I can barely hear you Harper, it's really loud"

Harper could just about hear his voice. The music making it hard to understand what he was actually saying.

"APPARENTLY 'WE WEREN'T WORKING OUT ANYMORE' WILL"

Will scrunched his eyebrows in. Her statement coming out of nowhere considering he didn't ask.

"What?"

"HE DECIDED THAT DUMPING ME OVER THE PHONE WAS BETTER THAN IN PERSON"

She dazedly informed unprovoked. Will was now listening. Truthfully, Will had always had feelings for his best friend but made a conscious decision that their friendship was too important to jeopardise. The feelings always lingered though.

"He's what? He's dumped you?"

Will shouted slighting, wanting to make sure that she knew what he had said.

"I THINK HE WAS BASICALLY SAYING THAT IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANYMORE"

She ignored his question, too drunk to make sense of what he had asked. She continued to sway to the music, walking around the club, finding a more quiet area of the building.

"Where are you?"

Will questioned, he didn't like the idea of her being on her own drunk, considering her normal attitude towards drinking.

"UH..."

She looked at a sign that was plastered to one of the doors.

"LIGHTNING YARD"

Will recognised that as a club that was a quick five minute drive away from her flat. He immediately got to his feet. Grabbed his shoes, jacket and keys.

"Go outside, I'm coming to pick you up"

He informed her.

"OKAY WILLIAM, LOVE YOU!!"

She smiled and made her way to the exit, hanging up the call and sitting on the curve.

Will smiled at her comment, loving the casual declaration of her love.

Harper stupidly decided to pull up her photos, and swipe through all of the photos of her and Josh. The tears from earlier now resurfacing.