Steps

It was a step he took out the door, greeting the warm night-air with his colder body under a neat checkered shirt and khaki-colored pants. Made sure that the door to his freshly cleaned apartment is locked, leaving the place that chained him for years; he was calm.

Again he stepped, into the sidewalk beside the quiet road letting his mind wander while looking at the starry sky as the bright full moon illuminated from above, focusing on the sight in front of him. Happy memories filled his mind, replacing the ones where tears never stopped falling, in awe he was.

Another step he took, towards the stairs of a subway while people passed by like silent rushes of wind as he listens to hushed melody in his earphones, the same harmony he heard when things were uncomplicated. A day where there were no boundaries, no harsh tones, no expectations, no shouting, no one-sided toxic relationships, no irresponsible mother, no alcoholic father; he was content.

Another step was taken, towards a quiet platform with nothing but a few strangers, benches, and a clock, waiting as he acknowledged the ear-piercing screams of his dreadfully painful past threatening to breaks his once quiet mind. He was sure.

The distant sound of the train came closer and louder, his heart pounding as the train nears, making the decision he could never turn back from, he took one final step.

He was at peace.

((A/N:

This is different from the ones I did before, its probably not exactly a poem...more like a prose maybe...

hehe just wanna point it out lol...

-kathy))