Chapter 7 - Goin' Out Swingin'

Here's another rough chapter for your reading pleasure because you all take the time to let me know how much you truly love Tommy the Douche. Great character, isn't he? I know you're all fed up with him, but his streak of bad behavior is coming to an end soon. Next week, things might start to go a little awry for him. Nikki is a tough kid, and he's got Mick in his corner. You never know when tables might turn...

I'm going hazard a guess... I shall receive 6 newly ripped assholes from the bunch of you for this chapter.  😘

------------

It was rough-going at the studio on Monday. They were working on remixing one of their classics. Bob Rock had come down from Vancouver and was growing frustrated over the lack of enthusiasm.

“Nikki! Can I speak with you please…. in private,” Bob commanded.

While Nikki went off to receive his verbal spanking from Bob. Mick called out Tommy.

“Tom, come here. I wanna talk to you.”

Tommy already knew, he was going to get an earful about Nikki. They moved to a private location.

“What the hell is going on with you?” Mick asked.

“I’m sure you know. Nikki is a fucking cheating bastard.”

“He is, but what’s your bottom line gonna be. You’re dragging him through an olympic-sized swimming pool of sewage to prove some bullshit point.”

“Fuck you. One, it’s not your damn business. Two, he’s not about to get his cake and then eat it too.”

“The only cake he’s eating now, is about as tasty as a pissed-on urinal cake. And it is my business when one, my band is suffering for it. And two, he’s my closest friend and he’s been confiding in me.”

“What are you telling him? Oh, it’s OK, Nikki, that you cheated. Tommy’s a sucker and a pushover.”

“What do you want from him? How much blood and tears do you need for him to sacrifice until you’re appeased? You either love him, or you don’t. And if you don’t, stop giving him hope because you’re only going to crush him more, the longer you draw this out. And if you love him, then act like it!” Mick spat.

“My feelings about him are not the point. He fucking betrayed me. I never would have expected him to do what he did. And it was a fucking slap across my face, and it hurt like a bitch.”

“He knows he was wrong, but you were wrong for dogging him about the baby. God, Tom! What the hell is wrong with you?! If you love Nikki, how could you not be supportive of his baby? I’m beyond baffled about that one.”

“I don’t know. We were supposed to plan things together.”

“You have like 4, or 5 fucking months to still plan together! Who cares how it happened. Think you’re the only fucking couple out there who’s ever been surprised with an unplanned pregnancy? I got two of them, dammit! Given the fucking obstacles that the two of you need to face in order to have kids, you’re looking a damn gift horse in the mouth, with a woman who is willing to co-parent with you straight out of the gate. Good fucking luck running into another situation like that. Instead, I guarantee you’re going to be dealing with expensive lawyers, skeptical judges, and bitchy women trying to extort money or some shit like that, in exchange for a baby. Do you honestly think that a judge is going to allow two alcoholic, recovering drug addicts with a history of arrests, who are in a gay relationship to adopt a kid?”

“Again, not your business.”

“You’re wrong about that, Tommy. And it’s killing Nikki.”