Father to Fathers

"Yeah, Charlie, I'll be back to the station around 1:30," Dean says into his phone, talking to Charlie Swan, his boss and friend. "I'm having lunch with my husband and then going to drop Artemis' car by the school since her friends drove her this morning."

"Her friends? I didn't know Bells and the girls rode to school together?" 

"Uh, I don't think your girl was with them. Jessica Stanley and Angela Webber showed up at my door this morning and got Artemis going," Dean explains, looking over to where Cas sits in the passenger seat. 

"Oh, well, I'll see you when you get back and say hi to Castiel for me."

"Course, see you then, Swan."

"Dean, just because you are the law does not mean you get to drive twenty-five over the speed limit," Cas scolds, Dean rolling his eyes. 

"Hey! Driver picks the speed, shotgun shuts his cakehole. Now, how do you know the whole family Is going to be at their house for lunch?"

"I overheard Carlisle discussing his lunch hour with his wife this morning," Cas answers, looking out the window as Dean brings Baby to a fast stop outside a large home. 

"Of course they have money, this house is better than Beyonce's."

"You have been to Beyonce's house? Did you take Ames? You know she loves her," Cas questions, not understanding the comparison. 

"What? Cas, I- nevermind. Come on," Dean encourages, taking his husband's hand and walking to the front door, only for Carlisle to open it. 

"Deputy and Dr. Winchester, it's a pleasure. How can I help you?"

"Dr.Cullen, we have some to talk about. Parents to parents." 

"Of course Deputy Winchester, please come in," Carlisle invites, leading the men into the kitchen and living room where his wife rests on the sofa. "I must ask, what is this visit about?"

"Well, the other night I wanted to storm over here and take all of you out for being vampires," Dean states honestly, the parents' posture becoming even more inhumanly stiff. "But, for some reason, my daughter cares about your kids, two specifically. So now we're here because those two hurt my daughter." 

"Our daughter, Dean."

"Not the time, Cas."

"May I ask, how did you know of our kind? When Artemis arrived the other night in a frenzy, she mentioned you knew," Esme asks.

"I am an angel of the lord, and Dean and his younger brother are hunters of the supernatural," Cas explains without hesitation. "I knew when I first met you, but Dean knew after dinner."

"That explains what Edward has seen in Artemis' head," Carlisle mumbles, catching Dean's attention. 

"He what?"

"Our son Edward has the ability to read minds, Jasper to influence the emotions of others, and Alice to see the future. Emmett has his strength, Rosalie, her beauty, Carlisle his restraint, and I have my compassion," Esme explains.

"Edward has seen bits and pieces of Artemis' memories. Shooting her bow, her family, things of that sort. But he's also seen other things like the black eyes of humans, monsters, and other things that I have only read of in books," Carlisle adds. 

"We are not actually here at the moment to discuss our family's past in the supernatural world," Cas interrupts any further discussion. "Ames was locked away in her room the past four days, her friends resulted to pulling her from her room this morning."

"We are sorry for the pain our children have caused yours, but I can assure you that our children are suffering just as much, if not more," Esme states.

"Why do they care so much about her? They barely know her?" Dean questions, his protective side showing even more clearly. 

"Your daughter happens to be the mate of my daughter Alice and son Jasper," Carlisle explains, Dean's eyes bulging. 

"She what?!"