Chapter 10

"Why do you have those things in the first place," he asks.

"I had parents who were in a cult. They were the leaders and, I hate it, but I was conceived on a ritualistic pentagram," I explain.

"So you're Iblis' kid," he asks.

"Yeah? What's it to ya," I ask, bringing my arms down to my thighs. I rest my forearms on my thighs and look at him, seeing a grin form.

"I've been looking for you," he says, making me confused.

"Why," I ask. I had a feeling he would do something, so I stand and back up a few steps, making him stand and walk to me.

"Because we're perfect," he says. I turn and walk towards the door, Corey blocking it.

"Don't you see it? We could rule," he says. I turn around and walk to the stairs, Corey blocking those.

"You're special. The reason you could survive the barbed wire and the slit throat is one reason," he says, walking to me. 

I back up and he follows, my back hitting the wall. He puts a hand on either side of my head to keep me there and I look over to the stairs, seeing Joey and Sid walking down. They see us and Joey starts to come to us, Sid holding him back.

"I'm not special," I say, Corey shaking his head.

"You are. You're not human, you're demonic," he says, making me roll my eyes.

"No shit dumbass. My last name literally translates to demon in German. And no, I survived those incidents because of training. I would run through those woods and cut myself all the time on wires and you didn't cut deep enough when you slit my throat," I say, his grin dropping. He steps back and drops his hands, turning around and raking a hand through his hair.

"No, you're lying," he says, turning to me.

"I'm not. I wasn't lying when I explained the pentagram though," I say, Sid and Joey looking confused.

"But, you're an Iblis. Your parents fucked on a pentagram. How are you not demonic," he asks, looking into my eyes.

"Just because I'm an Iblis doesn't mean that I'm demonic. And, for all I know, that pentagram might not have been finished too," I say.

"So, you're just a regular human," he asks. I nod and he drops to his knees, putting his hands up to his mask and covering it.

"Of course you are. I shouldn't have believed my head," he says, looking down to the floor and resting his arms on his thighs.

"But, there is a good side to it," I say, crouching in front of him.

"There isn't, trust me," he says, not looking up. I take my two fingers and lift his head up, a small smile on my face.

"You may not know it, but I was suicidal when I was younger," I say, dropping my hand and using it to balance myself.

"So," he says. I take his knife and flip one of his hands up, placing it in his palm and curling his fingers over the grip.

"If you want to kill me, at least do it properly," I say, standing and walking to the back door. 

Joey and Sid try to stop me from doing this, but nothing can change my mind. I walk outside to the backyard and see Corey walk out after me, holding the knife. He stands in front of me and I take off the bandage, dropping it in the snow.

"Just remember why you're killing me," I say. 

He nods and the two others start to come to us, but I put my hand up to them. They stop and Corey puts the blade to the healing scar, quickly cutting it deep. He cuts my artery open and blood spills out onto my front, Corey stepping back and dropping the knife in the snow. I drop to my knees and in a few seconds, everything goes black and I feel nothing.

-Corey's POV-

I step back and drop the knife, her dropping the her knees. She then falls forward and the snow around her turns red, Joey and Sid running to her. They sit on their knees on either side of her and shake her, flipping her over and covering her neck. Her blood gets on their hands, not stopping the bleeding.

"Why did you do it," Sid exclaims, making me fall to my knees. Then I see it, her soul hovering over her body. I stand and she floats to the tree line, seemingly waving me on.

"Where are you going," Joey asks, still holding her neck.

"I don't know," I say, following her soul. She floats through the trees and stops in the middle, looking up and floating up to the middle of a tree. I climb to get to her and she's sitting on the branch, looking in the distance.

"Why am I here," I ask, her shrugging.

"Okay, why are you here," I ask, her shrugging. I couldn't see her lips moving, but I can understand her.

'I love these woods. Even though I would get hurt in these woods, I love them,' she says, looking down. She floats down and I climb down, her floating back to the two and her body.

'I always wanted to know what it felt like to die. Now I do,' she says, gesturing to her body, then her.

"Ah, right," I say, taking her and walking over with her in my arms. I try to get close to her, but Sid pushes me away along with Joey when I try again.

"Please, I need to do this," I say, both of them refusing.

"You killed her! How do you think we're going to trust you," Joey exclaims.

"But I have her soul," I say. 

But they don't comply. I push over Sid and sit on my knees, setting her soul on her body. She hovers over it, so I push her down by her shoulders. Her body's shoulders and her soul's shoulders connect and she enters her body.

"I think it worked," I say, the two confused.

"What worked," Joey asks, the girl opening her eyes and looking at me.

"Thanks, I don't like dying," she says, the slit healed up and all of her blood replenished. 

Sid and Joey whip their heads to her and instantly jump on her, hugging her and practically crying. She gently pushes them off and sits up, gesturing me to come closer. I do so and she wraps her arms around me, resting her head on my chest. I hug her back and she looks up, smiling.

"Lean down," she says. I lean down and she turns my head to the side, kissing my cheek where my mask doesn't cover it.