III

I glanced at him, "You know you didn't have to do that, don't you?"

"Of course I had to, did you really think I could ever leave you like that?"

"I meant bringing me all the way up to my dorm." I spoke softly while staring at the ground.

"Ow"

I got seated on my bed as an awkward silence filled the room.

"I just have to ask this", Enzo broke the silence, "what was going on in there?".

"Oh, it was nothing. Just some dizziness."

"Faye, please be honest" he spoke desperately.

"I already told you, it was nothing serious."

"For fucks sake, that was not just some dizziness."

"Enzo.."

"You know how scared I was? I thought something really bad had happened to you, and that's NOT nothing serious!"

"I'm so, so sorry I scared you, but you have to believe me. I'm fine, and if you leave now you might even be in time for your next class."

"I don't care about my next class, Faye. I care about you! How come you don't understand that? "

"Hey Enzo, please just go to your next class, I don't want you to get in any more trouble because of me. And I could really use some sleep now anyway."

"Pfff...Okay, I'll go. For now. But I'll come back later to go to detention together."

"Looking forward to it." I grinned.

He was about to leave as Luna walked in. She gave him a curious glare and nodded to him. In return Enzo greeted her with a smile and then left the room.

"What a good-looking boy", she remarked amazed.

"Surprised?" I questioned jokingly.

"Oh not at all, are you two..."

"No no no no no, we're just best friends" I cut her off.

She sat down on her bed "Ow okay. Is everything alright though? You look a little off."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little dizzy."

She stood up and walked towards me. Then she sat down next to me.

"Luna, you really don't have to..."

Ignoring me she grabbed my hand with hers and closed her eyes. Her hands were a little cold, but a nice kind of cold. We stayed like that for a while. I didn't really know what to do, she was holding my hand very tightly and I felt a little uncomfortable. After a while she opened her eyes and a single tear rolled over her cheek.

"You are in such pain." she spoke softly, not letting go of my hand, "Why are you in such pain?".

I just looked at her, astounded. What had she just done?

"W...what do you mean?"

"You're aura it's so...dark."

Her words scared me, more than I liked to admit. "What are you talking about... I'm fine."

Luna pulled me in for a tight hug and whispered in my ear, "No, you're not, and you know what, that's okay. We should all be allowed to fall apart sometimes, including you, Faye. You don't have to be strong all the time"

Hearing those words I couldn't hold back my tears anymore, I had been doing that for way too long. "You know what it feels like to live without a purpose, to go through your days without looking forward to anything. Every morning I wake up and practically have to drag myself out of bed. Sometimes I even think...t...that everyone w...would be better off w...ithout me. And that terrifies me more than anything in the world. 'Cause I don't want to live like that. I don't want to be like that. At first I thought it was just a phase, that I would get through this. But it isn't. I'm not getting through this. What if it never ends. What if my whole life I stay like this. I'm just so tired. I'm so, so tired."