The Last Bus

Yin spent more time studying in the library than he had intended, he was only supposed to be staying through the afternoon but his workload had other ideas. Now he was alone and he had no ride home.

The campus was eerie at night, the usually lively buildings shadowed by the darkness. He put his hands in his pockets and continued briskly walking to the nearest bus stop, cursing his luck. Normally he would have brought his car but there was an issue and he left it at the   mechanics for the day. Fortunately for him, he had enough time to catch the last bus for the night.

As he expected, he was all alone in the bus stop, the lightbulb blinking above him. He only waited for a few minutes before the bus arrived, he got on and sat near a window. His stop was the last stop for the route so he closed his eyes to take a quick nap.

Yin was drifting off when he felt the seat next to him shift. He opened his eyes and sure enough, someone took the seat next to him. The stranger was small and dressed like any regular university student. But he noticed was that the stranger was very cute. The man had soft features and full cheeks, Yin had a passing thought that he would really like to pinch them.

He was aware that he was staring, but he can't really help it, only for the stranger to turn his head and look at Yin with a curious smile.

"Is there anything on my face?" The stranger asked.

Yin shakes his head. "No, sorry. I think I'm still out of it."

"Long night?"

"You have no idea."

The stranger laughed and that was the end of their conversation. Although Yin found himself glancing back at the stranger from time to time. There was just something about him that drew his attention.

Yin was back to dozing off when the bus stopped again. Like all the past stops, he didn't bother opening his eyes, not until he heard the stanger's soft gasp. He opened his eyes and saw that the stranger's eyes had widened as he stared at something in front of them. That something being the three men getting on the bus. He squinted his eyes, the men looked relatively normal, sure they were dressed in traditional clothes in the middle of the night and their faces were whiter than normal, but he's seen weirder things.

The stranger didn't seem to share his sentiments, he could feel that his seatmate was starting to get antsy, especially after the bus started moving. He was about to ask if there was anything wrong when the stranger turned to him with wide, frantic eyes.

"My wallet is missing!" The stranger screamed, pointing an accusing finger at him. "Did you steal it?"

Yin was starting to get very confused. The stranger was accusing him of stealing his wallet when he had done nothing but doze off for the whole ride.

"Listen-" Yin placates. "I think you got it all wrong-"

"No! You were the only one close enough to take it!"

That was a bit ironic since the stranger was the one who chose to sit next to him om a bus full of empty seats.

"I don't know what you're talking about. You can look through my things if you want, I don't have your wallet."

"No, we're getting off right now and we're going to the nearest station."

Yin was starting to think that the stranger wasn't very bright. If a man bigger than you stole your wallet, would you really be willing to risk walking with said thief to the station in the middle of the night? The stranger grabbed his hand and his things before marching to the front of the bus and demanding that the bus driver let them out. The sight of the seasoned driver being stared down by a small student who looked too cute to even try and intimidate anyone was sort of funny.