"I think you are not ready to lead a Mafia one day, Mikayla," he crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me. "You don't have the knowledge to do so,"

I was confused.

"I mean you never had basic training nor did you ever learn how to fight. How are you going to lead the biggest Mafia without the proper training for it?" he gave me the do-you-understand look, thinking I would understand what he meant.

"So I began thinking about what would be best for you and the Mafia," he stopped.

"And what?" I asked as I slowly understood what he was trying to say.

"I think it for the best if you give up the future position of the Mafia leader and hand it to somebody who knows everything about it," I gawked at him as he finished talking.

"You mean you want me to give up my family's business and give it to somebody that I don't even know," I repeated.

"Well, I thought it would be the best if you gave it to me because we know each other and I knew your, parents," I rolled my eyes when I fully realized what he was trying to do.

But before I could even say what I wanted to say, the door of the office slammed open, and walking in came, Alec with Rafael and Maddox. "What are you trying to do?" Alec gritted through his teeth as he came walking to the table, grabbing my wrist and pulling me up to my feet.

I got startled when he pushed me behind him so I could see Dante anymore.

"Don't raise your voice at me, son," my eyes widened when I hear him call Alec ʼsonʼ.

"I will do whatever the fuck I want. So now tell me what did you tell her?" Alec angrily said, his grip on my wrist tightened which made me wince. He isn't realizing that he's hurting me.

Rafael came forward and grabbed my hand out of Alec's hold and pulled me between him and Maddox.

"I just made her an offer," I furrowed my brows. "That wasn't really an offer," Alec snapped his head to me. "What did he ask?" my eyes moved between Alec and his father as I began to feel intimidated by their stares.

"He told me that I'm too young to lead a Mafia in the future and that I need proper training so he told me I should give him the Mafia," Alec scoffed and turned his head back to his father.

"You never wanted her protected. You just wanted her here so that you can convince her to give up the Mafia and hand it to her, am I right? You only wanted what was best for you. I bet you didn't even mean what you said to me," Alec clenched his fists and visibly began to get angry.

"Yes, I only wanted what's best for us. I knew Javier wouldn't do anything to my Mafia. He knew he would risk it all," Dante answered.

"And what would have you done with Mikayla?" I gulped as Alec stepped closer to the table.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Javier wants her so I would have given her to him," my eyes widened. My body began to shake as I watched Dante stare at me with his cold eyes.

Before I could do anything else, Maddox and Rafael brought me out of the office. Where I had to walk up to a wall and lean on it so that I wouldn't fall. "Mika? Are you okay?" I was too shocked to talk.

"Hey, no matter what happens next we will be here to help you," Rafael walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder but I pushed it down.

"I need to go," I said, walking away from them.

"Mikayla!" they yelled after me but I picked up my pace and walked aimlessly somewhere.

From afar I saw a door. Thinking it was the exit I walked straight towards it.

When I grabbed the handle of the door, I was harshly grabbed and pushed against that door. Alec stood right in front of me with an angry expression covering his face.

"Let go of me," I demanded, trying to wiggle out of his hold but his grip around my arms tightened. "You really want to get killed," he said, his eyes were on mine which made the situation even worst.

"I'm not safe here," I mumbled as I stopped to fight. He shook his head and sighed. "Yes you are," I now was the one shaking my head.

"I was just proven wrong. Your dad just told me that he would have given me away to Javier," pushing him away, I began walking away again but before I could go anywhere else, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the door. He then rested his arm and caged me between his arms and body. "You might not be safe from my father but you are safe with me. I promised," he whispered against my ear.

Is this guy bipolar?

"Really? I don't think I am. I don't think I'm safe anywhere. They are going to get me and kill me. Two months ago I didn't even know all of this existed. I didn't know anything," I mumbled, tears welled up in my eyes as I began to think about my family.

"Your father is right. I'm not capable of leading a whole Mafia without the proper training and knowledge. He should have it but not give me to Javier. I will run and hide somewhere where no one can find me," I rambled.

He just stared at me. He didn't say anything or do. Just stared at me.

"I should go now," I whispered and gently pushed his hand away from me but he immediately brought it back to the door.

"No," he sternly said.

I gulped. "No?"

"You are not going anywhere. I'm not letting you get killed by them. You are staying with me. Period," he pushed himself away from me. "Let's go. We are going home,"

He walked back to where we came from while I watched him do so.

I followed him without arguing. I wasn't really in the mood to argue with him.

Nor was I ready to get him angrier.

At the of the day, he has more power than me.

Vote & Comment🖤