𝟎𝟐𝟖; 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

missed y'all; word count 1484

𝟕𝟎𝟎 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? :𝟑𝟑

𝟕𝟎𝟎 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? :𝟑𝟑

𝟕𝟎𝟎 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? :𝟑𝟑

two days before the trip...

"You guys can take five."

The assistant coach dismisses us and we run into the locker room for a quick break. The loud hollers and slamming on lockers rings through my ears. I sit on the black benches and drink from my water bottle.

"Alright alright alright, listen up listen up."

Everyone quiets down when the lead coach, Coach Wells, enters the locker room with a stern manner.

"We have our first game of the season and this means it's going to be a big deal. To my seniors, you have college scouts coming in and to others, show me what you got."

His eyes go down to his clipboard that he holds in his hand, "We're going up against Jefferson if you aren't already aware."

My body freezes at the words he speaks, my old school. I'd have to go up against the friends whom I used to roam the hall with, practice two hours in the evening every night, grew with..

"Hold up coach, I thought they got shut down," A student yells out but I knew what the answer was. Everyone at Jefferson actually knew what went down and we weren't allowed to share it.

"Turns out its not anymore and there's already been students there."

His eyes snap to mine and I clench my jaw. "Vincent, is your history with that school going to hold you back from winning?"

I shake my head and hold my chin high,"No coach."

He nods, "I'm delighted to announce the team captains for this year. Luca Martinez. And Vincent Hacker."

The boys applaud for us. I was happy but I also felt a little weird, I had been team captain on the Jefferson team for so long, it'll be weird doing it all again for another team.