18

"You coming to the release party next week?" Brian spoke through the phone.

"Yeah, of course. You're not going or something?" I blew the smoke of my cigarette out of my mouth and watched them as they swirl around the sky.

"Of course I'm coming." He yawned. "I was just wondering if you're gonna bring someone."

I stared out to the view of the city from the rooftop. "Ha, I wish I have someone to bring. I don't really meet anyone new lately."

"Dammit, I don't know why, but I'm in a mood for talking to someone new, you know?" He sighed. "Well, it's probably just cause I'm bored."

"Then, go out somewhere, I guess?"

"I'm too lazy to do that."

"Sheesh. Alright then."

"I'm just gonna... cook maybe. See you." He hung up the phone.

I sighed and scrolled through my phone, until a notification popped up from the top of my phone screen. My eyes widened and I opened the notification.

"George. It's y/n." Rei messaged me. 

"What?"

"She came over to my apartment."

"She just kinda rang my doorbell a million times and when I opened the door she was just standing there."

"Is she still there?"

"Can I talk to her?"

"What did she do?"

 Then, I felt water droplets fall onto my arms. I realized it was raining, so I rushed back into the house.

"Well, we talked about how we've been doing lately."

"No, she left just a couple minutes ago. I still don't know where she lives, though. She said she's been doing great with her music career and that she finally have the answer to a decision she kept on stressing about this past couple years."

"Do you know what it is?"

"I'm not sure."

"What does she look like?"

"Well, not so different. The dark circles under her eyes are getting a little darker, but she still looks stunning as usual."

"Plus, I'm allowed to call her now!"

"Maybe you should try to call her"

"No, I don't wanna bother her. Plus, the last time I called her, she didn't answer it."

"Don't worry. I know you'll meet her soon."

"Thanks, Rei."

"No probs"

I closed my phone and walked over to my piano. I'm not really good at it, but I still can play some pieces she taught me. And, I learnt a couple pieces that she played.

~

"Put your pinky on G. Yeah, like that." She moved my pinky. "Okay so, you can use both your hands first, and then use one."

"It's not that hard, wow." I smiled.

"See? Okay now repeat that part."

~

Gymnopedie - Erik Satie

This piece, again.