OS: World War III

Start from the beginning

"After our conversation, you'll get the keys of your room back," Khushi smiled sweetly, "You should be happy my love. You'll get to spend time with me alone. Please smile!"

"Khushi you've literally kidnapped me in my house, my own room dammit!" he gritted his teeth.

"You left me with NO choice.. You're always running away from talking with me about marriage!"

"Because I don't want to talk about it.. I'm fed up of this marriage topic and the pressure everyone has been putting on me!" he said.

"And what about the pressure on me? Yesterday Amma's-"

"Khushi I don't want to hear anything about your Aunties and their marriage book rules! They have set the right time when the girl needs to learn cooking and handle the house, when the boy needs to start earning money, when is the right age to get married, the right time to have babies and all.. but when the couple fights or get divorced, they just gossip about it behind your back and not to forget, their favorite dialogue - He/She married the wrong girl/boy - When they know the right time for everything, then why can't they guess the right person to get married as well?" he sat at the edge of the bed annoyed.

"I know Arnav.. I've always ignored my aunties and their marriage book rules, but I hope you remember that we're dating for 10 years now, and it's getting irritating for me to hear everyone asking me when are we getting married!"

"So you want to get married to satisfy everyone else?"

"No! You know that's not true.. I want to get married to you because I'm ready for this marriage. And I'm getting irritated with the constant pressure of our family and those aunties, because I'm ready for  marriage but I don't know why you keep avoiding this topic when I try to talk with you," she cried. 

"Because.. I'm not ready yet," he shrugged.

"It's been ten years Arnav and you're still not ready to get married to me?" Khushi asked in disbelief.

"You've started setting the right time for marriage like your aunties? 10.. 20.. 30 years shouldn't matter.. Things should happen naturally!" he said sarcastically.

"I know that Arnav," Khushi stare at him intently as if trying to read his eyes, "I just fail to understand why are you still not ready!"

"And why can't I not be ready for marriage?" he spoke, defending his own person.

"Because you know everything about me.. I'm an open book for you! You know my personality, my qualities and my flaws, what I like and dislike, my favorite food, drink, clothes, sport, movies, music, actor and all, you know my family and friends as well and you get along with everyone close to me even better than me, you know all my secrets even those that I never shared with Amma, Babu ji and Jiji, you know about all my dreams, you know-"

"That you sleep naked," he smirked mischievously.

Khushi slapped his shoulder muttering Shameless, while Arnav chuckled resting his head on her shoulder.

"Have your coffee.. It will get cold," she said glancing at his untouched breakfast.

"So are we done with this conversation?" he asked, grabbing his cup of coffee from the tray.

Ignoring his question, Khushi continued, "Even after knowing everything about me and wasted ten years of your life with me, do you still have this doubt if I'm the right girl for you?" her eyes moistened a bit, but she composed herself quickly.

"Don't say wasted," Arnav frowned, withdrawing his head from her shoulder and keeping the coffee back to the tray, he looked at her, "And I don't have any such doubt in my mind.. I know you're the right girl for me, but-"