Chapter 1: A New Case

Comincia dall'inizio

In the meantime, I do remember promising Maki and Kaito to meet up at the cafe. I should probably head there, so I don't keep them waiting. I folded up the paper and put it in my pocket. I walked over to the cafe.

When I arrived Maki and Kaito were already sitting at a table, with Kaede. Don't tell me they're trying to get us to make up. I want to, but she just won't listen!

"Shuichi, bro, over here," Kaito said, waving at me.

I sighed and walked over to them. I sat down next to Kaede, and she immediately scooted farther away.

"You guys really do need to at least talk it out," Maki said in a comforting tone.

"Shuichi, clearly has nothing good to say for himself! He-"

"Kaede, please listen for once. I still love you and only you! Sure I may also be attracted to guys, but that doesn't mean you're some side chick. I'm sorry for making it seem that way."

"You're still not denying whether you like Rantaro romantically or not!"

"I told you were just friends-"

"You know what Shuichi? We're done, and that's final!"

Kaede stormed out of the cafe while Maki chased after her. Tears started pouring down my cheeks. She literally just broke up with me! I thought she was the right person for me! Why can't I ever get what Kaito and Maki have! Sure they're my friends, but I've always been jealous of their relationship. I always thought I'd end up having what they have with Kaede, but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey, Sidekick cheer up! There's plenty of other fish in the sea! So maybe Kaede wasn't the right person, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone waiting out there for you," Kaito said smiling brightly at me.

I smiled back at him. He somehow always knows how to bring up anyone's spirits when they're feeling down. I always appreciated him for that.

"Thank you, Kaito," I said.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that I had five hours until the robbery.

"Anyway, I should probably get going. Kirigiri and I got assigned a new case today, so I should work on it."

"Alright, take care Shuichi."

I got up and waved goodbye. I took a cab back to my house.

When I got home I saw Kaede packing up her things. I guess she's going back to her old house. Good thing she didn't sell it before she moved in with me. Kaede picked up her suitcases and walked out of the door. I guess I'm back to being alone and single. I looked at the watch, and it said we only have about three hours. I sighed and looked past Phantom Thief robberies on my laptop. Apparently, ten of his goons help everything go smoothly. But recently there's only been nine of them instead. I wonder what happened. Another thing was they usually only knock out or keep watch on the other people there. They haven't killed anyone, but they probably are capable of murder. They're pretty exceptional in combat. Also, they always seem to get away flawlessly. I know I probably won't catch him tonight, but it's worth a shot. I looked at my watch again. I had one hour. I saw a car park in my driveway. I looked at my phone and saw that I got a text from Kirgiri.

Ilovecupnoodles:Get in the car, we're going together.

Sherlock Saihara:Alright, I'm coming.

I walked outside and sat in the passenger seat, next to Kirigiri. I buckled my seatbelt. She drove off to the bank.

We arrived at 7:20p.m.

"Kirigiri, should we warn the workers?" I asked.

"No, they don't have enough time to prepare themselves like we did. I'll keep watch on them, you go after the thief. That's the plan," she replied.

I nodded and we walked inside. My watch said

we have five minutes.

Four,

Three,

Two,

One,

Zero.

Suddenly the lights turned off. I heard some people get knocked out in the background. The lights turned back on to show the Phantom Thief standing on top of the counter.

"Good evening everyone! The main event has arrived!" He exclaimed. "Neeheehee! Now, if you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you stay out of our way!" He childishly laughed. He was wearing a white suit with colorful buttons. He had a purple dress shirt underneath with a checkered tie. He also wore a white hat with a checkered brim and a masquerade style mask.

Suddenly his goons started handcuffing most of the customers, so they wouldn't interfere.

"Go after him while you still can," Kirigiri whispered.

I nodded and chased after the thief to the top floor of the bank.

We reached the top floor. He walked over to the vault at the end of the hallway. I immediately took out my taser and pointed it at him.

"Stop right there Phantom Thief!"

He turned around and put his hands up.

"Oh, greetings Mr.Detective!"