Chapter 1: A New Case

~Shuichi POV~

I woke up and put on my normal work clothes. I walked over to the kitchen and saw my girlfriend, Kaede making breakfast. I walked up to her.

"Good morning, Kaede," I said while reaching out for her hand.

She shoved me away a bit harshly.

"Don't," She shouted. 

"I said I'm sorry! Kaede, what more do you want?" I asked.

"You should only love me, not some other guy!"

"I didn't love Rantaro! Him and I are just friends. Why can't you see that?"

"It doesn't matter right now, I should probably get to work anyway."

She walked out the door. I sighed. She's been like this ever since I accidentally said that Rantaro looks attractive. I always knew she got jealous easily. But this is a little too far, if this keeps up we might have end this soon. Hopefully that won't happen. I made myself some buttered toast and a cup of coffee, for breakfast. My phone starts ringing in my pocket. I take it out and see that my partner, Detective Kirigiri. I answered the phone.

"Good morning Kirigiri," I said.

"Hello Saihara. You need to come to the office now, it's important."

"I'm on my way!"

I hang up and make my way there.

Once I arrived I saw my uncle sitting at a desk across from Kirigiri. There was an empty chair next to her.

"Please have a seat, Shuichi," my uncle said.

I sat down in the chair.

"Now that you're both here, I would like to assign you a new case."

"What case is it?" Kirigiri questioned.

"The Phantom Thief case. I know it'll definitely not be easy, but you two are the best detectives in Japan! So I have faith," He said with a small smile. "The thief is planning on robbing the local city bank, tonight. One of you should go after him, while the other keeps watch of the civilians there. Kirigiri you should keep watch and Shuichi I want you to go after the thief. Take pepper spray, a taser, and handcuffs with you. Also, if something goes wrong either call me or the authorities. That's all and good luck."

We both nod and walk out of the room.

"So the robbery will be tonight," Kirigiri mumbled.

"Do we have any details on the exact time?" I asked.

Kirigiri pulled out a case file from her black messenger bag.

"Your uncle gave me this before you walked in."

She opened it and started looking through everything. She took out a piece of paper.

"This has all the information on tonight's robbery. I already read this so you can have it," She said handing it to me.

"Thank you Kirigiri," I replied.

She nodded.

"Also, I know Tamaki didn't say this, but I also suggest you take a gun. Of course only shoot the thief when that's the only way to defend yourself in the situation. Also, don't expect him to be easy to catch. That is all good luck Saihara."

She turned around and walked away. I looked down at the piece of paper. So it says the robbery will be at 7:30p.m. tonight. We have six hours to get prepared. We already know that the thief leads an organization called DICE, but we don't know how big it is. The only thing they know about the thief's identity is that they're a short young adult male. He always wears a mask and hat to cover his identity. Everyone says he sounds like a devilish little kid. I guess tonight I'll find out the truth about that.