He's with Me (Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

But tonight, Levi seemed sad.

You could feel his mood in the way he responded to your touches. He loved you, he wanted you, but something was bothering him. And you were pretty sure that you knew what it was.

When you pulled back to look at him, he turned his face away, as if he were ashamed for letting it affect him so. Your heart wrenched.

"Levi," you murmured, placing a hand on his cheek and tilting it toward you. Your thumb caressed his scars, slowly and tenderly. "This doesn't change how I see you, not at all," you told him earnestly. "You're still equally as attractive as you were before, and I love you just as much."

"It just...feels like I can never be as clean or presentable now," he admitted quietly. "No matter what I do, I'll always look like...this."

You adjusted your hand, so that all of your fingertips could lightly brush across his face – that face which, despite the damage it had taken, was still perfect in your eyes. "Scars are natural. They don't make you ugly or unclean. In fact, I think these scars are beautiful, because they're a part of you. I do feel sad that you had to go through this pain. But I'm also really glad that I get to see your face, and hold you, and kiss you, and hear your voice." Your throat tightened slightly with emotion, causing your tone to become hushed as you finished, "I'm...so grateful, Levi. I don't care if you have scars. I just want you."

Your words hit home for Levi. He had been fighting so hard, for so long, that his body was littered with scars of all kinds. But you didn't balk or fuss – you accepted him as he was. And because you treated his scars as natural and intended, he knew that it was okay for him to do the same.

He smiled up at you, grateful to have such an amazing woman as his lifelong partner. There weren't words to describe the depth of his love for you, but the sheer adoration in his grey-blue eye conveyed everything you needed to know. A moment later, he continued where the two of you had left off, pulling you down into a passionate kiss.

You responded to his movements with equal intensity, and after a time, you shifted to trail reverent kisses along his throat. "You're worth more than all of them put together...a thousand times more..." you murmured breathlessly in between kisses. "These scars only show how brave you are...you're gorgeous...Levi..."

Levi indulged himself in your caring words and loving touches, allowing himself to feel like he was everything that you said he was. He was good enough for you – more than good enough. He deserved you just as much as you deserved him. And the two of you deserved all the happiness you found together.

------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, it seemed that arrogant men weren't the only problem.

Several days after you returned from your meeting with Queen Historia, you both were hard at work in the tea shop / bakery that you had opened together just a few short months ago. Levi was making tea behind the counter, while you were standing at the register. It was then that you noticed a handful of young women stealing glances at Levi, whispering to each other, and giggling quietly.

You weren't exactly the jealous type, but a bunch of girls gawking at your husband was enough to put anyone on edge. Besides, the looks on their faces told you that this was more than innocent crushing, so you casually made your way over, pretending to clean the table next to theirs even though it was already spotless. Now, you were in a perfect position to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"That is him, right? Humanity's Strongest Soldier?"

"Yeah, but he's retired now. Well, obviously, since he's working here."