unlucky . . .

I've been seen as an unlucky person. I call myself an unlucky person too, I don't know anyone unluckier.

No matter what I do, it ends up with me being tangled into a mess. 

I was peacefully sitting at my desk, which was in the furthest corner. I was doodling in my notebook until the door swung open, "Class, I will be grouping you into pairs for our project today. I have a list in which you've already been paired up."

Most people groaned at the fact they could not pair themselves, while the others hated the idea of a new project. I didn't care, I'll probably fail anyway.

Our strict teacher started calling names one by one, then announcing their partners. I know to stop zoning out when my name has been called.

"Y/N and Felix. Kim and Bailey. Mason and Oliver. Mark and Jackson. Is that everyone? Who have I not called?" 

Unfortunate yet again, I hoped for a partner whom I'm already familiar with. Instead I was given a smart partner who doesn't even know me much. We used to be close friends, until he temporarily moved schools.

People fawn over him a lot, extremely cliche because I do too, sadly he has a girlfriend.

On the topic of his girlfriend though, she had been sending me death glares since the teacher called our names. "Students, go to your partners as I discuss about the project." Before I could stand up s=and move over to Felix, he was already making his way to me.

The people next to me had moved away and to their group partner. Felix sat down on my right while I listened to the professor's instructions. "Make a 10 slide presentation about gravity and who invented it. 

"Isn't it English period though?" Felix asked me

"Yeah, I wonder why it's about gravity..."

"Weird, huh?"

"Yeah... odd... Now that I think of it why is Miss Kia here?"

"She often covers up a bunch of teachers whenever they're sick or just absent."

"Students, you may now start doing your project." Miss Kia said and left the room.

Chatters emitted quickly after the door was shut closed, "I thought it's English?" one voice loudly said, another voice which seemed to be Kim's responded with "Are you all idiots? Miss Kia is just being a sub, obviously the topic is about gravity but we use the things we learned from our last lesson! Now please shut up because we're meant to do a project!"

Unfortunate for the teacher's pet, this did not quiet the class, not even a bit.

Felix and I agreed to split up our work, I'll work on researching while he types it out. Since tomorrow was Saturday, we ended up deciding to just call each other while making the project, just so that we wouldn't need to meet up. 

The door swung open once again, instead of Miss Kia, Miss Johnson ended up coming to class.

Miss Johnson is our English teacher

"Hi class I'm sorry for being late I had to stay behind because last class was a disaster. W-why are you all in a mess? Get back to your usual seating arrangement."

Kim spoke up, instead of just obliging. "Miss, we're doing the project you handed us." Miss Johnson looked confused, "I haven't given a single project yet! What are you talking about?"

As it turns out, Miss Kia confused us for one of the lower grades whom she was supposed to give a project to.

So me and Felix really aren't meant for each other, as the universe splits us apart every single time. I might just be a cure at this point. 

Felix looked somewhat upset about us not actually being group partners, but I'm already on my way to move on.