Lifeless

The day went by quickly, but I still felt exhausted from everything, and just wanted an out at this point. It was beginning to be too much.

My mind was clouded with the visions and Trelawney's words, there wasn't room for me to even think about the Quidditch game happening this afternoon. And to make things even worse, Malfoy had taken up a part of my stress as well.

Trying to lower the tension, I decided to take care of the Malfoy part. If he wanted to ignore a thank you from me, who was I to keep pressuring him to listen?

I had no clue why he was denying his actions, but I decided to let it roll in the past, promising to never look back at it again.

But the other two thoughts were still engraved in my brain, leaving me growing with confusion as I tried to think about it.

We were all seated in the Gryffindor's commons. Neville was lecturing Harry about a certain plant he had been reading about, while Harry's attention was clearly focused on the person behind Neville, Ginny.

She played with her red hair, twirling it around as she talked to Dean. His arm was wrapped around her waist as they sat tightly together, leaving just about an inch of a gap between them.

I couldn't help but pity Harry.

All of a sudden, Ginny sprouted up from her seat and crossed her arms as she started shouting at Dean, "I have told you multiple times, Dean! I'm not...I don't want to meet them yet. I'm not ready to, why can't you just understand?"

She stomped away angrily, Dean chased after her with a frown.

I heard Ron sigh as his lips pulled into a tight line. "Bloody hell, there they go again. I can't wrap my mind around them, they're always either bloody snogging each other like it's their last one, or shouting at each other again."

Hermione sighed as she rolled her eyes, finally looking up from her book. "Let it go, Ron. You wouldn't understand."

"Oh? And you would?"

"Yes, she talks to me about it."

"Oh- well why doesn't she talk to me about it?"

Hermione shifted her eyes back to the book, "You bloody idiot."

I chuckled at the two. Ron's eyes narrowed with confusion.

Harry hollered from across the room, looking at Ron, "Let's go, I don't want to be late to practice, Ron. I don't want to see us lose our first game."

"Yeah, yeah. Well, wish me luck Hermione." Ron stood up from the chair and walked away, chatting to Harry about bringing home a win tonight.

A quiet whisper escaped from Hermione's lips, "I always do."

My lips pulled into a smile as I also adjusted my eyes towards my book.

I enjoyed the stillness surrounding me. I had been longing to greet the comforts of plain silence, it reminded me of home. Sitting on the table in the Gryffindor commons with a book in my hands, I felt the feeling restore itself for the first time here at Hogwarts.

A few minutes passed, turning into hours.

I had lost myself in the book, lost track of time.

I only realized how long I had dozed off into another universe when Hermione cleared the silence, shocking me a bit.

"Amora, I believe the game starts in about 20 minutes. We should go now if we want the front row seats."

I tucked a strand of my curly black hair behind my ear, only for it to emerge again.