Training

Midoriya felt the wind running through his hair as he runs through Musutafu. Midoriya's life had changed so much during the past year (despite being unconscious for most of it). He had a quirk, friends, and he even was perusing his dream. He unfortunately was running out of time, and had to get to class. He ran into the classroom and sat in his desk. The desk, slid across the entire classroom, with Midoriya in it. Midoriya rubbed the back of his head nervously as Aizawa shot him a glare. He put the desk back with superspeed, and Aizawa started the lesson. Classes were trivially easy for Midoriya to understand, especially decision making. Midoriya has an incredible moral code, and is very intelligent. Because of this he is able to read situations very well and come up with ideal goals and a good plan of action, in theory. Bakugou struggled deeply with decision making, because his anger clouded his judgement, and his moral code is deeply flawed. Midoriya was taking notes about trying to remain cool under pressure, when Aizawa called for the classes attention.

Aizawa: Your hero marketing begins during your high school career. Pro heroes were watching your performance and requested you as individuals to intern at their hero agencies. This program will give you experience in the field and train under pro heroes for a week. Everyone will use today to sort through their requests. These are the students with the top requests

    Shoto Todoroki: 4273 requests 

    Katsuki Bakugo: 3969 requests 

    Fumikage Tokiyami: 3452 requests 

Aizawa: Everyone not displayed had a number between 500-5. I am taking this class period off to go to sleep. Use the class period to sort through your exams.

Yaoyorozu: Midoriya won the sports festival, shouldn’t he have more offers?

Aizawa: Oh yeah, Midoriya was deemed too dangerous to leave UA’s custody, so he will be learning from Barry and AllMight for the week.

Bakugo: Yeah right, the damn nerd just didn’t get any offers.

Aizawa: Actually, Midoriya received 10,884 offers.

Bakugo remained quiet after that. Since Midoriya didn’t have any offers to sort through, he went to the practice facility and ran. Midoriya felt at peace when he ran. Midoriya’s speed provided him with everything he previously lacked. His flash time made him feel in control, the warmth of his lightning comforted him, and his running was a reminder that he had a quirk, and filled him with hope. Midoriya decided to take a break and sat on a nearby roof edge. Midoriya glanced into his classroom and saw Yaoyorozu arranging her documents into three piles. 

Midoriya: Yaoyorozu is the best. 

For Midoriya, this was a fact, not a statement.

Midoriya: My life has gotten so much better since I met her. I got a quirk, I am chasing my dream, and I finally have the support of my mother. Plus, I feel so happy when I am around her. She treats me like a person, not just a useless Deku. 

Midoriya was ready to put the name “Deku” behind him. He was “The Flash” now, and no longer had to listen to Bakugo. Midoriya saw Uraraka leaving the room, so Midoriya decided to go talk to her. Midoriya appeared outside the door as Uraraka was closing it. 

Midoriya: Boo!

Uraraka was about to scream when Midoriya covered her mouth, he REALLY didn’t want her to wake Aizawa. Uraraka realized it was Midoriya, so she licked his hand. Midoriya quickly pulled his hand back and shook it at super speed.

Midoriya: That’s disgusting.

Uraraka: Disgusting, but effective. What’s up?

Midoriya: I want you to call me Izuku