Dance In Your Blood

Start from the beginning

Jaclyn kept dancing, holding an écarté a la seconde as the curtain fell. The tassles plopped to the stage and Jaclyn froze, but the audience was deadly the silent. It was a career ending silence. Nadia grasped her hands, and as she did so a single clap turned into a thousand.

-----

The second act started with the rumba. Victor easily got into character of the slimy and scheming Tito Arias, and he scarily resembled him with the styled hair and costume. It was a bit harder for Jaclyn to be the doting girl, but she did it falling into his eyes as they danced.

Her hips moved to the slow strums of the strings, and there were well practiced layers to their partner dancing as they came together and retracted.

Victor pressed himself to her and she slowly lifted her leg up, moving through goo with long and slow movements.

And then,

She broke away strong and sturdy in her movements because Margot was like that, a surprise hidden force. Jaclyn made a circle around him, strutting and kicking her leg to her face only to to lay out backwards.

Victor seized her, in one rapid movement, and then they both slowed. Their hands hovering in the air, locking together finger by finger. Her free hand touched her heart, I love you, and his pointed to their fingers, I want to marry you.

The corps made their way on stage, but Victor and Jaclyn were completely wrapped in each other. They swayed a slow dance, and flower petals fell down telling the audience this represented their wedding.

The slow melodic music then switched creeping, and creeping, and Victor looked up to see two dancers charging at them and he ran from the stage leaving Jaclyn confused. Then the two guys grabbed her and drug her off stage.

Tito in real life, because he was just a great husband, staged a coupe to over throw the Panamanian president; and abandoned Margot in the middle of it to take his blame so she got arrested.

Once back stage Jaclyn stripped from the slinky red and black costume being left in a dirty tank and briefs, and back on stage she was drug, being pushed into the spotlight shining down on the otherwise black stage. It was a prison cell, and Jaclyn reached out to touch the open air, but acted like she could not get past the light.

She did the most unexpected thing.

She had a complete meltdown; punching the floor, thrashing, and as the spotlight burned out Jaclyn screamed. Anguished and betrayed. The sound shattered every bone in the audience, no one expecting it.

Silence suffocated the theater, even the portraits looking to the stage in shock.

-----

"You're killing it," Alice gasped tackling the Jaclyn the second she came back stage. It was then that it all sank in.

The stage crew started to pull her next romantic tutu on, and she blindly moved with practice as they dressed her. "Am I really?" The audience was enough sign that it was going well, but it was still hard to believe. Dear lord, this was her show.

The corps started their next number, English photographers and onlookers waiting for Margot to make her big return after spending two nights on prison, and Jaclyn pulled on her trench coat to hide her pristine costume.