Chapter 7

A few weeks later

Daan's POV:

Luckily Max hasn't tried to do anything yet which makes me happy because i can start to forget that chapter of my life. Although it does make me wonder if he's planning something. However, he would've done it by now anyway.

Today we have an away game against Sunderland which makes me happy because I get to see Beth in person for the first time since the game earlier on in the season. We've become really close and I feel like we are really good friends.

We travelled up to Sunderland yesterday but we got here late so we didn't really have much time to go out. I'm rooming with Dom which is a relief because she knows where the scars on my body are from and she knows not to ask questions about it. We got up early this morning so we could go on a quick walk before going to the pitch. We have an early game today. This means that I have time to go out with Beth for a bit, before having to get back.

After the match

We ended up winning 5-1. I scored a goal and Beth scored the only goal for Sunderland which made me really proud. When she scored I wanted to run over to her and hug her like she was my teammate but I thought that it might look a bit weird so I decided against it and that I would congratulate her after.

After the final whistle had been blown, I shook hands with some of the Sunderland players and then walked over to Beth.

B: " i guess you want your hoodie back then"

D: "i don't need it back, you can keep it"

B: "are you sure? I don't want to take something away from you that means something"

D: "you deserve it after that goal"

B: "aww thanks"

She started to blush so quickly turned her head to hide it from me.

D: "So, what are we doing later?"

I said, quickly changing the topic so it wasn't awkward.

B: "it's a surprise so you'll find out after we're both ready"

D: "can't you just tell meee"

B: "not yet so go and get ready"

D: "ugh, fine, see you in a bit"

B: "byeee"

I walked over to Dom and Sari and told them not to worry about me if I didn't get the coach back because if I didn't get back in time I would stay with Beth until there was a train back down to London.

After that I walked into the changing rooms to get ready for my trip with Beth. I quickly showered and hoped that none of the girls would notice that it was quicker than usual but as always, there's always one, or two in this case since Mitchy and Katie were always together and scheming. "Whatcha up to Daan? Why are you ready so quick?" Katie said with a smile on her face. I decided to tell the truth since that's what my mum had always taught me. "I'm friends with one of the Sunderland players so we thought that we could meet up but I don't want to keep her waiting cause it's cold." "What do you mean cold, it's bloody boiling out there," Mitchy said. "Either way, I don't want to keep her waiting." and with that, I put the last of my things in my bag and walked out to meet Beth.

Beth's POV:

I quickly walked into the changing room and got showered, nobody really suspected anything because I usually shower quite quick anyway. I was about to get changed when I realised that I hadn't brought anything with me to get changed into to go out in, I only had my tracksuit. I can't go out with her in my Sunderland tracksuit again, she'll think that I don't own any other clothes. I decided that after I'd met up with her, we would go to my house so I could get changed into something a bit nicer.

I walked out and instantly felt the nerves enter my body. Why am I nervous, she's my friend and we've only known each other for a few weeks. I leant against the wall of the building whilst I was waiting for Daan. I'd been waiting for what felt like hours when I finally heard the door open. Daan walked out looking flustered but cute. She was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a leather jacket. Tbh she looked hot. Ffs Beth you hardly know the girl.

D: "hey! Sorry I took so long"

B: "It's fine, I know what nosey teammates are like"

D: "hehe..yeah. Soooo what are we doing?"

B: "i'm still not going to tell you, but is it okay if we go to my house first, I kinda need to get changed"

D: "yeah, sure. Do we need to wait for anyone else?"

B: " no, I'm lucky enough to have my own place"

D: "oooh, I wish I had that but I guess living with Sari and Dom can have its benefits"

B: "come on, let's get going, then we'll have more time to do what we're going to do!"

We both got into my car and started the drive back to my house. I was worried about her reaction to the place but then I remembered that Daan had let me into her house without a warning.

After half an hour we eventually got to my house. It was nothing special but it served its purpose. It gave me somewhere to call my own.

We went and sat down in the living room and started to chat about anything and everything when I realised the real reason why we were there. I ran upstairs to get changed and within 5 minutes I was back down again. I was wearing a white hoodie and blue jeans, nothing special. As I walked back into the living room I saw Daan staring at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I said, making her snap out of her daze. She instantly started to blush and so turned her head away from me. "Aww, you don't have to hide your blush from me, it's cute." ffs Beth why did you call her cute. She giggled. "What are we doing then?" "telling you would ruin the surprise". "But you know i don't like surprises!". "Shall we get going then since you're so impatient". She nodded her head really hard "yes". "Careful your head doesn't fall off doing that". She laughed and got up so we walked to the door.

We were about to walk out of my house when I realised that I had forgotten something so I gave Daan my car keys whilst I ran back upstairs to get what I needed.

I got what I needed and walked outside to Daan dancing and singing really loudly in my car to what I assume was dutch music since I didn't understand any of it.

What have I got myself in for?