Chapter 5

Daan's POV

After leaving Beth I went back to my car feeling a little bit down. She had really made me happy and cheerful although we had only known each other for a day.

I got in my car and started driving back to Sari and Dom's reminiscing over what had happened. Then it hit me. When I got back there would be no reason for me to not tell Sari and Dom the real reason why I was staying there and my plans for leaving Max.

I decided to take the long way back so it would give me time to process and think about things that I might tell them. The only problem with going the long way back is that I had to drive through a forest for most of it which scared me quite a bit because I always think about the bad things that happen in horror films. Creepy!

Eventually, I made it back and braced myself for the conversation would more than likely come up. I planned my escape route in case things got too much and I needed to get out.

I got out of my car and slowly walked up to the door, I could feel my nerves growing with every step I took. "Hey Daan!" shouted Dom from the living room. "Hey," I said as I went to sit down next to her. It then hit me. It was only Sari who saw the scars and bruises on my body. That made me feel more uncomfortable as I would more than likely have to show Dom, which I wasn't excited about.

"Where's Sari?" I asked, my leg shaking because of how nervous I was. "I'm walking down the stairs, if I go any faster i'll fall and break my neck!" I heard her shout. "Why did you want to know where Sari was? I'm sitting right here," Dom said, acting like she was offended by my question. "Uhm...I wanted to talk to you both about something" I said quietly whilst looking down at my hands. They both looked at me with a worried expression on their face. "You're not leaving Arsenal are you?" Sari asked, making me chuckle. "No, sorry. I'm staying in England for a bit longer". "What's wrong then?" Sari asked. They both came and sat down next to me so they could hear what I was saying. "Uhmm...it's..er..the reason why i'm...umm...here" I said in a quiet tone. They looked at me with a confused expression and then something clicked for Sari. She put things together and realised what had happened for me to be in the state that I was in. She pulled me into a hug and said "everything will be okay. We will sort all of this out". Dom still looked confused so I pulled my shirt up a bit so she could see my stomach. Tears started to form in her eyes and pulled me in for a hug as well and said "We will help you through this, it will get better". "Are you still together?" Sari asked, concerned. I nodded my head slowly.

I looked at the time. "We need to get ready for training," I said, changing the conversation. "Are you sure you want to go?" Dom asked me. "It'll help keep my mind off of everything". We all had one last group hug and got ready for training, surprisingly I wasn't the last one to the door so I got to sit in the passenger seat and control the music. On the way there I asked if Sari and Dom wouldn't tell any of the girls or Pedro about everything. Thankfully they agreed not to until I was ready to tell them.

Time skip to after training

When we finished I showered and got changed into my joggers and a hoodie and decided to wait for Sari and Dom at the car because I didn't really want to talk to anyone. Training was only short so didn't seem that bad, although I was more focused on what was going to happen after training.

I was busy daydreaming when I heard my phone start ringing. I got it out of my pocket and looked at who it was. It was Beth so I decided to answer.

D: "hey whats up"

B: "i was calling to tell you that i got home safe and to thank you for letting me stay with you and letting me borrow your hoodie"

D: "I'm glad you're safe and you're welcome, it's the least we could've done"

B: "i've just looked at the fixtures and it looks like we will be seeing each other next month so i'll bring your hoodie along. Although you might not get it back because we will beat you"

D: "goodluck with that hun. Even if we do beat you, i'll let a cutie like you keep my hoodie"

B: "I've got to go now cause the team is getting on my back about who I'm calling. Talk to you later"

D: "okay, byeee!"

Ffs daan, you ruined it by calling her cute

As I ended the call I found Sari and Dom hiding behind a nearby tree, trying to listen into my conversation. "You know i can see you creeps". They both walked from around the tree and got into the car and so we started the drive back. When we got back to the house Sari and Dom decided to sit me down in the living room so we could talk.

Da: "whats up"

S: "we were thinking about your situation and were wondering when you want to go and get your stuff back"

Do: "we'll help you so we won't be there long"

Da: "well...ummm...i was thinking about when he's at work so then he won't be there but we always have training then"

S: "what day and we'll find a way to get out of training"

Da: "well i still want to play this weekend so maybe on our offday?, but that's tomorrow"

Do: "we can do it tomorrow if you want"

Da: "oh, okay then, we'll do it tomorrow"

I don't know why I agreed to getting my things so soon but I need to get it done for myself. I need to get away from him. I can do this.