Chapter 16 Everything

Start from the beginning

"And I'll keep you busy," Relly teased. "Think of all the schemes I can come up with. How's you head feeling."

"No pain and it's healing remarkable fast. I think the wrapping will be off by the time of the ball but there will be a scar."

"That will give you a roguish look," Relly said smiling, "we could fly to Gretna Green and have a Scottish wedding."

"Fly!" Nick laughed, "Might just do that," Nick said smiling, "after the ball. Now you wanted to tell me something."

"It's about my dragon...let me introduce you."

The dragon flew over London with two passengers. "So all our stories were true!" Nick said as the soared higher.

"I did take considerable license but yes they were true," Relly said, "were would like to go, the entire world lays before us."

"Take me home Relly. I've always been happy there and memories of it and you there sustained me through my darkest hours." They landed near the manor and the three of them walked together. "It amazes me that you managed so well by yourself."

"I had my staff, Cookie, Mary our maid and Ian. It was difficult with so little funds coming from London but we survived."

"This has always been my home, our home," Nick said sadly as he put his arm around her waist.

"Our home will be anywhere we are together," Relly said, "Charles said we could live here and I do have enough to bring it up to full staff. The village depended on salaries from the manor and it has been hard on everyone not just me."

"I'll get a lease from Charles that way we'll have a legal residence that way he can't yank us from here out for spite or at whim. I do have enough from my stipend from the estate to manage rent and then some."

"Charles has been nice," Relly said, "his past behavior has shown he could toss us out on a whim."

"I'd like to hope he is being honest in his level of support but I'm still uneasy about him."

"You were concerned that Grandmother or Charles could block the funds."

"I spoke to the family lawyer and they are irrevocable. I want our family to be pleased with our marriage, but I will marry you irregardless." Relly looked into his face smiling brightly.

"Let's go inside and tell everyone!" they walked into the manor house and surprised the staff. Cookie and Mary were ecstatic to learn of their plans to marry and they declared their marriage as they held hands. Cookie served a dinner of haggis and mashed potatoes and turnips and brown bread.

"I have not eaten this good in years," Nick said.

"Will you be spending the night?" Mary asked. Relly looked at Nick smiling and gave a slight nod.

"Yes, but we will be off very early," Nick replied. That night Relly slipped into Nick's bed as she had done since she joined his family. "I expected you to come," Nick said.

"Aye, It's a tradition dinnae ya know," Relly said smiling. Nick chuckled at her statement.

"I see you wearing your shift."

"My nightshirt is in London. I could dispense the shift."

"I really love you nightshirt."

"Thats because you can see through it," Relly teased as she toyed with his hair. Nick laughed at her and hugged her as the lay cheek to cheek embracing. "You need to shave."

"Shinning knight rules tonight but not much longer. You look different tonight," Nick said looking her over, "you face seems darker."

"I've been tanning. I'll show you more later."

"Thank you for taking me on a dragon flight."

"You gifted me the dragon, Doofus."

"No, to quote a girl named Aurelija Smarty Pants I gifted you a rock."

"I dinnae recall a girl named Aurelija Smarty Pants," Relly said primly, "I dae know a young woman names Aurelija and she is radiantly beautiful and rides a dragon and men find her irresistible."

"Irresistible?"

"Aye, they cater to her every whim and cannae get her out of their mind."

"I can't get her out of my mind," Nick responded. "What did Ailleacht mean by we are all connected by magic?"

"He was talking about the curse, I'm the girl in the curse obviously."

"That's just an old story that I used to tell you," Nick said.

"And the egg was just a rock!" Relly replied and yawned. "I hope you realize that we are married now by Scottish law and tradition,"

"Yes, the hand-fast," Nick said, "we were holding hands as we declared our intentions before two witnesses."

"So you agree we are married," Relly said, her eyes were filled with mischief.

"I still would prefer a church wedding, here in our village."

"Well then we could consummate it!" Relly said. "Tonight."

"Church wedding, then we consummate," Nick laughed, "you have a gift for coming up with grandiose words for sexual intimacy. Sleep now. I love you Sweetheart and want to do right by you." Relly was disappointed but Nick had forgotten the pillow and she was more then satisfied with spooning for now.