She Googled the name of the book, reading the synopsis and review of the books. The sales figures indicated that the books were a big hit. It was story about a guy and his journey to self- discovery.

"Everything seems great. What is he hiding?" she thought.

Silver opened her purse to take out her phone. She wanted to leave a message to Dave about her meeting with Red. She checked the time, it was 1.15 AM. She knew Dave must still be awake, watching the marathon​ of some stupid show. She put her hand inside the purse, her phone was hiding behind a neon folder. She moved her fingers, she caught the phone and pulled it out. She heard something dropping on the floor. It was the small turtle she took from Jordy. She picked it up and examined it. She opened the head of the turtle. It was a pendrive.

"Oh, Jordy. Where did you steal it from?"

Silver opened the drive on Candice's laptop. She opened the folder. She was surprised to see a 200 page long manuscript inside the folder. She opened it and began reading it. The title of the book 'The Horrific Life.' Just below it was the name of the writer, T. Clifton was written.

Silver was left speechless.

"It belong to Red."

She stared reading the first chapter. It was 3.15 and she was only on the sixth chapter. Silver couldn't keep her eyes open anymore. Her eye lids felt heavy, she decided to take a nap on the table. She put her head down and closed her eyes.

"Wake up, Silver. It's me." a friendly voice came, calling her.

"You shouldn't sleep like this. You are going to hurt your back. Wake up, Silver."

Silver could hear a sound, but she wasn't sure whether the voice belonged to an actual person or she was just dreaming. She felt an enormous amount of pain in both her neck and back when she turned to her left.

"I told you, Silver. Wake up now, sleepy head." She heard the voice again.

She slowly opened her eyes, dark swirl patterns moving in front of her eyes. "Who is it?"

"Silver, don't you remember me? I'm here now. Wake me. I'm here to see you."

Silver woke up, she jumped from the chair. She scanned the living room. She could see no one.

"Silver, I'm here." The voice came from the direction of the windows.

She went near the windows. A popping sound came from the with as the rain hit the glass. She opened the windows to smell the air. Water sprinkling on her face, she took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh and cool air.

Extending her arm to let the water droplets feel on her palm, she closed her eyes.

"Silver!"

The voice came again and she felt somebody touching her palm. She backed away from the window. "Who is it?"

She walked backwards, controlling her uneven breath​. She walked back, bumping into the couch and table. "Who is it?" She said, meekly.

The sound of thunder came from outside, filling terror in her heart.

"Silver, I'm here. Why are you scared? Don't you remember me?" the voice said.

The voice was crisp and clear, like it was following her. She try concentrating on the voice.

"Who are you? Where are you?"

She was ready to pay more attention to the voice. She tucked her hair behind her ear and leaned in the direction where the voice last came from.

"You don't recognise my voice? I'm sad, Silver."

The name 'Aaron' left her mouth on hearing the voice.

"Aaron? Is that you? Are you here? How did you get inside? Is this some kind of joke, Candice? Stop it, I'm scared, okay? Just stop it." she kept walking backwards, slowly reaching towards the staircase.

"It's not a joke," She felt the cold and wet lips on her left ear. "I'm here, Silver. I'm here to get you."

Silver woke up on the chair in a jolt. It pained her to move her body. She looked around, it was morning. She checked the time in her phone, it was 8. She ran towards the windows. Everything was warm and dry.

"It's so warm now." she said.

"It's always warm this time of the day, Silver." Candice stood at the top of the stairs in her blue bathrobe. "I hate the weather."

"The temperature was low because it rained last night." Silver said.

Candice yawned. "What? No, it was so goddamn humid. I was up until 4."

"But it did. I saw it myself. I went to the windows and-and."

"Why did you went near the windows?"

"Because I-I heard..." She paused.

"Heard what?"

Silver stared at the windows. "Nothing."

A/N: A voice of her long lost love. What does it means?