The Beginning

'Well that is strange' I thought as I saw something fly across the room in sink with my hand. I went to go grab the item, but got there faster then and average 12 year old girl should.

I guess your probably wondering who I am. My name is Ashley May Black. I am Billy Black's daughter, one of the older sisters to Jacob Black. Jake and I were born about a year and a half apart. Anyways back to the situation at hand.

"Daddy" I yelled through the house as I ran. I appeared in front of dad within a blink of an eye. "Woah" was all dad said before making a phone call. After the phone call he told me that we were going on a little trip.

We got into the car and started driving, we were in the car for a while before pulling up to a big house. We get out of the car and dad came over to me. "Do you remember the legends that we tell at bonfires" dad asked me. "You mean about the cold ones, shifters, and the grand protecter" I asked. He nodded "yeah" I said. "Well, they're real, and even though the cold ones are not here right now, they have a library that contains the older Cullen's research and other books that will help you learn more about yourself" dad said.

"Wait, daddy are you saying that I am the grand protector" I asked and he nodded. "Carlisle said to make yourself at home and use it as much as possible, but when you first start to use your powers and learn what they are do it outside." he said and I nodded. "This is where I leave you ok" he said. "Ok" I replied and walked into the house.

I walk around the house familiarizing myself with the place. When I was done I walked into the study and start looking at the books. Then I hear a ringing noise, I look to see the computer had a video call on it waiting for an answer.

I walked over to the computer and accepted. "Hello" I asked. "Hello Ashley, my name is Carlisle" the man on the other side of the screen said. "Hi" I said, "how did you know I was in here" I asked. "That was me" a mystery voice said before a beautiful girl came into view behind Carlisle. "What, how" I asked. "Well like you I have an ability, but mine comes from being a vampire" she said "oh, and my name is Alice" "hi" I said shyly.

"Ashley, as you see I have a big library, some is research I did with the last grand protector. Feel free to read all of what is in there, some of it will also further explain other supernatural creatures. I would also like to have a call with you once a week so we can work on understanding this together so you are not in this all alone." Carlisle said. "I would like that very much, thank you" I said. "We can do calls every Friday after school and go as long as we want" he suggested and I nodded. "Yeah that would work."

And work it did, for months that is what happened. She would finish her school work and then do research or practice her powers. On Fridays she would call Carlisle the moment she got to their house. On these calls she didn't only work with him but got to know him and his family, and even became apart of the family.

During the summer she flew to Alaska and spent a month with them. And they did this for three years. She would run patrols when she was at home, protect her land and her people. When she got word that the Cullens were returning she was extremely excited but also worried that this would mean that there would be shifters.